Marriage pact- Joey

"Why? God! Why?"

Rachel walks into the apartment and slams the door shut behind her. Everybody is looking at her and you all are clueless as to what has happened. When Rachel walks into the apartment like that, something really bad might of have happened or she just found out how another one of her celebrity crushes got a new girlfriend.

"What's wrong, Rach?" Monica asks.

Rachel takes the time to take off her coat and hangs it over a chair, she pouts as she walks over to the couches where you all are seated and then lets herself fall down on an empty place inbetween you and Phoebe.

"Everybody is getting married, except me.." she finally says. "That stupid Tiffany at work with her stupid rich boyfriend and her stupid expensive ring." she murmurs.

You exchange a look with Phoebe because you two are definitely not married and then glance over at Monica who is also not married but is together with Chandler.

"Not everybody, I mean.. None of us are married, Ross has been married but you saw how that worked out." you say to comfort her.

"She was a lesbian." Joey snickers, what makes Ross give him a nudge on the back of the head as you suppres your laughter.

"She knew that already." Ross murmurs.

"I know.. It's just funny to bring it up sometimes." Joey says with a playful grin on his face.

Ross stands up and leaves the conversation, you focus back on Rachel and see how she's still pouting. You grab her hand what makes her look at you, you give her a comforting smile as you squeeze her hand softly.

"You'll find your person someday, I'm sure. You just have to wait a little bit longer." you say.

"It just sometimes feels like I'll never find anybody.." Rachel sighs.

She places her head onto your shoulder and you plant a kiss on the top of her head before you run your hand through her hair. Phoebe goes on by talking about soulmates and Monica also says something about how she found Chandler and never expected him to become her boyfriend.

"I'll just go lay on my bed and cry for a minute, thanks for the peptalk guys." Rachel says, giving everybody a smile before she stands up and shuffles to her room.

Phoebe and Monica both immediately stand up but Phoebe is quick to push Monica back onto the couch. "No offense Mon, but this is something for single girls only." she says before walking over to Rachel's room and then shutting the door behind her.

Monica gasps and crosses her arms over her chest, Chandler takes a hold of her hand but she is quick to slap his hand away.

"It's your fault that I can't have a talk with my bestfriend, why do you have to be so stupid cute and stupid sweet to me." Monica says before standing up and storming off to her room.

"Women.. I don't think I'll ever understand them." Chandler sighs before standing up and walking after Monica.

A chuckle escapes your lips as you watch him walk away, Joey stands up from his seat and moves over to the empty spot next to you. He lays himself down, his head on your lap and the rest of his body on the couch.

Joey and you are best friends, sometimes you think you could love him as more than a friend but you don't know for sure and so that's why you haven't talked to him about it.

"Y/n?"

"Joe.." you answer him, your hand playing with his hair.

"Do you want to make a pact? Like a wedding pact?" he asks.

"A what?" you ask confused, making him sit back up so he can look you into your eyes.

"Like.. If we both turn thirty-five and we still have nobody to marry by then, we marry eachother." Joey explains.

It comes as a shock to you that he would want that, you think about it and it doesn't sound like a bad plan because you would have no problem with marrying your best friend.

"Alright, deal." you say, sticking out your pinky for a pinky promise.

Joey smiles brightly and laces his pinky with yours, you both kiss your own hand and now it's a real promise so you both can't break that promise. Joey places his head back onto your lap and you can't help but smile like a crazy person the entire time, it also makes you think about how you see him more as your soulmate than as a best friend.

He might actually be the guy that you eventually want to marry...

----

<3