Picking up some stuff - Joey

This is it, you put the last sweater that you had borrowed from your ex into a box.

It's the first time since the break up that you can spend the day without crying and so you chose this day to pack up his stuff. He is coming over in a few hours to pick it up, and to be honest you're so nervous.

Chandler walks into the apartment and the first thing he sees is you spraying the box with your perfume. It's one thing that he would get his stuff back, so it can atleast smell like you.

"What the hell are you doing?" you stop spraying and look up at Chandler who's standing in the doorway.

"What?" he closes the door behind him and walks a little closer towards you. "Well it's not everyday I see a woman spraying a box with perfume." you sigh before putting the bottle down. "I'm marking my territory." you say. "Yeah that's normal." he answers before sitting down at the kitchen table. You roll your eyes and laugh before sitting down besides him.

"He's picking up his stuff today."

"Oh so you guys are in that stage now?" he asks and you nod. "Can you be here when he picks his stuff up?" Chandler gives you a questionable look. "Me? I'm not very good with emotional situations." he chuckles awkwardly. "I know, but I need someone here." your conversation is interrupted by Joey who storms into the apartment.

"There you go, your person has arrived."

Joey gives you and Chandler a weird look before walking over to the fridge. "Joey? are you free this afternoon?" you ask. "Yeah.." he answers while taking out some leftovers from last night. "Perfect, can you stay here?" Chandler asks. "Sure." he sits himself down and starts eating.

"What's happening this afternoon?" he asks with a mouthful of food. Chandler gives him a disgusted look and you chuckle at the sight of his face.

"My ex is coming, he's picking up some stuff." you point at the box that's standing behind you and Joey nods. "Fine, I'll be here. I still need to teach that prick a lesson!" you sigh while shaking your head. "That's sweet of you Joe, but I just want this to be over without any drama." he nods before taking another bite.

"I can't promise that I will behave." he mumbles after swallowing the bite of food that was in his mouth.

***

Someone knocks on the door and an anxious feeling hits your stomach, you turn your head so you face Joey and he's already looking at you.

"Be though, you can do this!" he says what makes you nod before standing up and walking over towards the door. The first glance you get of him makes you feel sick and sad at the same time, you still can't believe you lost him..

"Hi, you have my stuff ready?" he walks into the apartment and the way he's acting towards you is so harsh. "Nice seeing you too." you mumble before walking over towards the box with all his stuff in.

"Hi man!" he walks over towards Joey and shakes his hand, Joey just keeps on giving him a nasty glare.

"You really think you're all that, don't you?" Joey walks closer towards him and you're getting a nervous feeling about this. "Excuse me?" your ex asks. "Just know that you left an amazing girl, she didn't deserve you anyways." Joey takes the box out of your hands and walks over towards your ex.

"Take this and leave, she doesn't need you." Joey throws the box into his arms and then walks him towards the door.

"Bye, hope you choke on water!" he says while he smiles sarcastically, he even throws in a little wave and it makes you laugh.

"Thanks Joe, for being here for me."

"Always, that's what a best friend is for." he gives you a smile before dragging you into a hug, you press a kiss on his cheek before pulling him closer towards you.

----
We all need a Joey in life..