"I'm fine" - Ross

Central Perk is very crowded as you walk inside, a big frown is covering your face as you make your way through all the people. The gang is all sitting on the couch and you see an empty seating spot inbetween Joey and Monica.

"Oh hi Y/n!" Phoebe is the first one to notice you and after she says 'hi', the others turn their heads to face you aswell.

"What's wrong?" Rachel asks, she always knows when something is up with you even when you try to hide it from her. "Nothing.." you mumble before letting yourself fall down inbetween Monica and Joey. "You don't really look okay." Chandler says and you give him a glare.

"I'm fine." nobody believes you because that sounded like a total lie.

"Tell us, what's going on?" Monica puts a hand on your thigh and gives you a warm smile. "It's Ross.." you mumble while looking down at your hands. "I thought your date went well?" she furrows her brows. "Didn't you guys plan a second date?" Phoebe asks and you nod slowly. "Yeah well, everything was going amazing until he got a call from Julie." you almost spit out her name. "Oh no.." Monica sighs.

"Hi guys!"

Ross walks into the coffee place and he has a huge smile on his face, suddenly you see someone behind him, Julie. Monica gives you a look and you give her an 'I'm-going-to-kill-her' look. "Hi, Julie what a surprise!" Joey says what makes you give him a glare, he quickly throws his hands up in defence and looks away.

"So Y/n, this is Julie who I told you all about." you look at Ross and can't believe that he just said that, is he really that dumb.

"Oh hi Y/n!" Julie walks up to you and gives you a hug. "Hi." you give her a fake smile as she pulls away and walks back towards Ross. "Isn't this exciting guys?" Ross asks and they all look down, some even looking at you, waiting for your response.

"Oh it's so exciting! Woohoo!"

You throw your arms in the air and give them another big fake smile. "We talked all night last night, I can't believe how much I missed him." Julie puts a hand on his chest and it makes all the blood in your system boil. "Okay we know, you had so much fun, I'm so happy for you!" you stand up while putting on your jacket and you can't even fake a smile anymore at this point.

"What's wrong?"

"Seriously Ross, what's wrong?" you ask while running your hands through your hair. "Ross just leave it." Monica says but he doesn't seem to get it. "Your ex calls you after we had a date, you guys are having the time of your lifes. How do you think I feel?" everybody's quiet and you sigh before storming out of the place.

You're halfway your bowl of ice-cream and the romantic movie on tv is making you cry. "Don't believe him, men are jerks!" you yell to the tv and suddenly there are some knocks on the door. "I'm not home!" you yell but then you realize how stupid that sounds so you get up and walk over towards the door.

Ross is standing infront of you and you don't even know how to act towards him.

"I'm sorry Y/n, she called saying that she missed me and so I invited her over." he says what makes you scoff. "Then, we should stop dating." a single tear rolls down your cheek as you look down at your feet.

He was all you wanted, for so many months. Telling him to stop dating you is the worst thing ever, but it seems like the best decision.

"But I want to date you." he says before lifting up your chin so you look back into his eyes. "Gosh Ross, stop." you softly push away his hand while another tear rolls down your cheek.

"Answer me this, do you want to give up Julie?" he takes way to long to answer and you shake your head before wiping some tears away. "Then it's better to not do this right now." he looks you into your eyes and you want to kiss him so bad right now.

"Bye." you press a soft kiss onto his lips before closing the door.

Why can you never be someone's first choice?
Love hurts.