Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Gulf

I went back to the doctor’s lounge and launched at the sofa.  This is a tiring day and I can’t wait to go home and rest. I looked at my watch and saw that it’s almost 6am.

Oh shit. I have to get ready or else that giant will get mad again.

So I hurried down to the wash room to shower and tried to get out of the hospital as fast as I could.

If you tell my 15 year old self that I’ll be a Trauma Surgeon at 34 years old, I would’ve laughed at your face.
I have always wanted to be a producer or a movie director but I guess life is unpredictable that way.

I’m Gulf by the way, the youngest son of the Kanawut family. Family known for their business of Oil, Transportation and Telecommunications. I am a Trauma Surgeon for 2 years and I find this job fulfilling. My dream when I was young is to be a movie director and for some reason, I decided to be a doctor instead. You might be wondering why... well, this is why.

´P´Mew!´ I shouted as soon as I arrived at the local restaurant where we always eat our breakfast.

I looked around and as expected, this place is closed since he is here.

´What a surprise you arrived just in time for breakfast. I thought I have to wait for you here until lunch time´ P´Mew said while smiling at me.

God, I am so whipped. I thought to myself.

He is my bestfriend, Mew Suppasit. He is the heir to the Suppasit Dynasty. They own several businesses but they are most known for their hotels and casinos.  They are respected not only in the business world but in the underground world as well. Because apparently, his family is Mafia.

I am not afraid though. We´ve known each other since we were in high school and because of us, our families became close. I know how dangerous transactions and fights can be and there are times that they get hurt. Mew has done a lot of things for me and being a doctor who can help him is the exact reason why I became a Trauma Surgeon.

And aside from that, I’ve been in love with him since I was 17 year old. People say that the way I express myself makes it so obvious but this idiot right here seem to not notice it after all these years.

“Well, Gulf. I need your help.” P’Mew surprisingly said.

“Well, that’s a first. You never ask for help. You know that I’ll always say Yes” I smiled.

“Well... I’m already 35. I think I should get married and start a family. I’m thinking of proposing to Eye.” Mew said.

Well, fuck. That was a surprise I didn't expect to receive after a 48 hour duty. Now, my heart hurts like hell.

“Really Phi? That’s great!” I tried so hard to smile. I want to go home and cry myself to sleep. Damn.

“Yeah? I think so too. I mean, we’ve been together for 4 years and I think she’s the one for me.”

Not as well as I know you, I bet.

“She knows almost everything about me. Well, except for the mafia part. But I know she loves me. I know that she’ll accept me fully.”

But I accept you too. I love you including all your flaws, Phi. I thought.

“That’s why I need your help.” P’Mew said.

“Alright. I’ll help you. But, are you sure she is the one? Maybe there’s someone out there who will accept you. The whole you including the mafia part.”  I’m talking about myself btw.