Chapter 11

Eye stood there being held by the bodyguards.

What the hell is she thinking? Crashing a wedding? really?

"What are you doing here? The bodyguards might hurt you, Eye!" I hurriedly went to her and ordered them to let her go.

I looked back at Por and smiled. I gave him a thumbs-up and he left to talk to one of the photographers, but still at the distance where he can see me.

"Where's Mew? I need to talk to him. Please." Eye pleaded.

I'm sorry, Eye. 

"I don't think it's wise for you to talk to him. Please leave, Eye. Before these people harm you. Let's not cause a scene." I said.

"Do you think you'll be happy? I know I'm the only person he loves. Your marriage will never last." Eye said.

"I know, it wouldn't.  But I will not let the wedding of my short-lived marriage be ruined by you. Leave or I will take you out myself." I said, trying so hard to prevent myself from stuttering.

I'm really sorry, Eye.

"Don't drag me out. I'll leave on my own." Eye glared at me and left.

"Are you okay, Son?" Por asked.

"I'm good. Please don't be mad at her. She's just mad because of what happened.  After all, this should've been her place." I said.

My Por jusy looked at me and nodded.

"Por, can you tell them that I Just need a minute to freshen up? That riled me up." I looked at my Por with pleading eyes.

"Alright. I'll let them know"

I went back to the guest room.

---

What felt like seconds turned to minutes.

I'm still concerned about what happened earlier.

Why does she need to talk to Mew? Is that her last effort to stop the wedding?

Wait… Did Mew get her pregnant?

Oh my god. Please don't let that happen. I swear to God, if that's the case, I'll be leaving Thailand tomorrow, with or without my family's consent.

I was so busy with my thoughts that I was so startled when Mew held my hand.

"You said you need a minute but it's already an hour, Gulfie." He looked at me.

Oh is it?

"Oh sorry. Let's go. Tell them I'm ready."

"Are you sure? We can talk about it now."

No way. You will not know that Eye went here.

"I'm sure. Let's go, Phi." I smiled.

"Don't you remember? Honesty and shit, right?" P'Mew said.

I looked at him.

Should I really tell him? This might stop the wedding. Am I really ready to let go today?

"Phi, are you sure about this?" I asked him.

He let out a big sighed and said. "So, it's this again, huh? I told you already. Yes I am sure. And you cant back out. All of your things are in my room now." He smiled.

"I know that this is just for a year but what if we fight all the time?" I asked.

"Then we'll talk things through." He answered.

"What if you can't stand me after all?" I asked.

"That's not gonna happen. It has been 17 years already, we're still friends." He smiled.

Friends. Right.

"But what if--"

"Whatever it is, Gulfie. We're in this together. You already said yes and I don't do refunds so..." He stood up.

"Take a deep breath, I'll call your Por and I'll see you down the aisle, Okay?" He said before he stepped out the door.

I smiled and wait for my Dad.

--

I was waiting outside when one of Phi Mew's close friends in college, P'Zee went to me and gave me a small box.

"Gulf, before you walk down the aisle, Mew asked me to give this to you." 

He handed over a small box to me and left.

I opened it and saw a moonstone bracelet and a letter inside.

It's so beautiful.

I opened the letter. 

Gulf,

I hope this brings you luck, love and protection everywhere you go. May the glow of this Moonstone light the path that leads you back to me, wherever you may wander.

Mew

I'm fighting my tears.

I removed the bracelet from the box and wore it on my right wrist.

I took a deep breath as I heard the music play and started walking towards meeting Mew.

--

A/N: How was it? The mafia storyline will start soon so I hope you'll still read the story.

See you in the next chapter :)