Chapter 5

"Eye, let's break up."

I can hear finality in Mew’s voice .

Wow. I didn't expect that.

"Wha- what are you saying, Mew? Just last week, you told me that you love me and you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me? What happened?" 

The guilt is eating me alive. I'm weak when it comes to tears.

I don't think I can witness this. I stood up and I was about to go when I felt someone hold my arms and drag me somewhere. 

I looked behind me and I realized it was P'Mew.

Oh shit. He knows I'm here 

"Gulf and I will get married.  I'm sorry, Eye. Forget me. Thank you for all the years you spent by my side. You'll find someone else. Someone better for you."

I can't even look her in the eye. 

So I just let myself be dragged by Mew out the restaurant. 

--

While I'm driving us back to their family's mansion, I can't help but glance at P'Mew.

He's just staring at the window. 

This silence is killing me.

"I will not ask you if you're okay cause I know you're not. I wouldn't tell you that the pain will eventually fade because that's bullshit. But I'll be here if you'll cry. You don't have to hurt yourself this way, Phi but I know you have a valid reason. So just cry. Let it out and I'll be here for you."

"I'm okay, Gulf. Just focus on the road. I just broke up with my long time love, I can't die right away. That's just f*cking embarrassing." Then he smiled at me.

But I can still see sadness it in his eyes.

I don't know your reason, Phi. But I'll be here. I'll be here until you go back to her. No one can hurt you. I'll protect you.

--

We're waiting for our parents to get here so we can tell them our decision to get married.

While waiting, we're inside P' Mew's room. It has been a while since we stayed in this house this often. When we started working at their company, he bought his own condo and that's where I meet him when we're available to hang out. 

This place still looks the same.

He has bookshelves full of Mangas and books about Business.
The whole room is black while his bed sheet is plain white. His lamp is moon-shaped and its beside his bed.

I was busy looking through his Mangas when he suddenly said…

"You said earlier that you won't tell me that the Pain wouldn't fade away when you lose someone because that's bullshit. What do you mean by that?" Mew asked.

"Just like what I said. That's bullshit."

"Why? Did you get your heart broken before? You dated someone? Why didn't you tell me?"

Because it was You, Phi. You're the one I loved. I have loved you for 17 years.

"No, Phi. We didn't date each other. Before I get to confess, that person told me that he loves somebody else. I didn't even have the chance to say I love you."

"What did you do after?"

"Then I let go. I didn't try to confess for just once. I tried it for 3 times and it didn't work out. I guess we're not just meant to be." I shrugged and went back to reading through his books.

He became silent for a minute and asked me..

"Do you still wonder how he is?"

"I do. Well, I hope he's doing okay now."

"Do you still miss him?"

"Every damn day."

Silence…

"Do you still love him?"

"I don't think I'll ever love somebody else. Ever."

"Now! I'm curious.  Do I know him??"

I was caught off guard. I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm, N- No."

He squinted. "Liar."

"What are you talking about? I'm not lying"

He slowly approached me with a smirk.

"Yes. You. Are." He started tickling me.

"Phi! Stop! HAHAHA NO- WAIT"

I was trying my best to get away until i tripped and fell at the bed and he fell on top of me.

My heart started beating fast.

Now our faces are so close to each other I can hear his breathing.

Is he going to kiss me?

knock! knock!

Boat opened the door and said, "your parents are here. They're waiting for you at Uncle Mark's Office."

He stood up and looked at me with a nervous smile.

"Let's go?"

I nodded. "Let's go."

He suddenly held my hand as we went to Uncle's Office.

--

A/N: Next few chapters will have flashbacks before the wedding so I hope you like it.

Don't forget to comment. I read your comments and thank you for your kind words :)

See you in the next chapter :)