Chapter 9

My head hurts.

I think I'm about to die.
No, I'm sure I'll die.

I'm about to get off my bed when I realized that I had different clothes from last night.

What the hell happened?

I went out of my room and I smelled food.

Hmmmm. Breakfast. That smells good.
I didn´t know that Mild can cook.

Wait..

I wasn't with Mild last night. Hold on….

"Oh good.  You're awake! Let's eat before we move your things to the house.¨ P´Mew said when he peeked at my Bedroom.

¨Phi! What are you doing here?¨ I asked.

¨Wait, Ugh. My head hurts.¨ I sat back at my bed.

¨There's A painkiller and water at the side of your bed. Take your medicine first and go to the kitchen after. I´m almost done making breakfast.¨ P´Mew stepped out of the room.

I took the painkiller and went to the washroom.

What the hell happened?
Why can't I remember anything at all?

I took a bath first and once I'm done, I went to the kitchen.

I sat down in front of the counter watching P´Mew.

We are awkwardly silent as we eat breakfast together.

I´m still trying to remember what happened last night after I drank wine.

¨About yesterday, I´m sorry. I know it's wrong for me to leave you there at the coffee shop but I have to talk to Eye. I apologize. I shouldn't have done that¨ P´Mew said.

¨it's fine, Phi. But.. are you really sure about this? Do you really want to get married?¨ I asked.  

¨No, you´re not fine okay with it, By the way you shouted at me last night? I thought you´ll punch me¨ He chuckled.

What the hell? What did I do?

¨And yes. I will marry you. I'm sure about this. Are you sure about me though? I know you're just trying to help me but Life will never be easy moving forward. Your life will be at risk at all times.¨ P´Mew said.

¨Yes, Phi. I'm sure as well.¨

This was all I ever wanted.

¨Then, let´s get your stuff moved in today. I already arranged the boxes and your luggage. Let me wash up first then let's go.¨P´Mew stood up and headed towards the washroom.

I resumed eating breakfast and then I remembered something.

Wait. Luggage? Oh shit!

I ran towards my luggage and searched for the box right away.

When I saw that it's there, still intact, I sighed in relief.

Thank God!

¨Are you good to go? I´ll put your things in the car.¨P´Mew asked.

I hurriedly zipped up my luggage before he can see it then nodded,

I really need to throw this box soon before he sees this.

¨I am so excited for you, Gulf. After all these years of crying miserably and pining, you´ll get married to your long time love. I´m so envious, ¨ Mild said while we are on the balcony of the Suppasit Mansion, drinking wine.

¨To be honest, I never thought this would happen. After failed attempts of confession, who would've thought that we'll end up down the aisle?¨

It might be temporary. I shouldn't get my hopes up but I can't help it. I'll just cry and go back to being miserable after 1 year but now, I'll enjoy this until it lasts.

We just sat there chilling when P´Mew went to us, sat beside me and held my hand.

¨Hey¨ P´Mew smiled at me.

¨Hey, P´Mew!¨ Mild greeted Phi.

¨Hello, Mild. Thank you for keeping Gulf company. I really appreciate it.¨ P´Mew said while glancing at Mild

¨You're welcome, Phi! You don´t know how long I´ve waited for him to finally have someone. I´m so tired of people gushing over him at the hospital. It doesn't seem like it but he's pretty popular there¨

I just rolled my eyes.

¨Is that so? Then I'm relying on you, Mild. Please be my eyes when I´m not around¨

P´Mew became silent and I can feel his grip on my hand tighten.

What's with him? Just last week, he left me in a coffee shop and now he's acting territorial. 

¨Of course, Phi. I´ll keep the people away.¨ Mild said while stepping out of the balcony.

The two of us were left on the balcony, I'm drinking wine while he´s just watching the sunset, still holding my hand.

¨Are you ready for tomorrow?¨ P´Mew asked.

¨To be honest, I´m nervous. How about you, Phi?¨ I asked him.

¨I'm good. I even wrote my vows already. How about you?¨

Oh shit!

¨Uhm… I haven´t. I´ll just probably do it tonight¨ I chuckled.

¨Wow. You are a handful, aren't you? After telling me that you´ll chop my head off if my vow is too generic?¨ P´Mew said teasingly.

¨Woah, when did I threaten you? I don't remember.¨ I asked.

¨Well, it looks like you haven't remembered what happened last week in your condo when you were drunk, huh?¨ P´Mew said.

Wait, what? I said that?

¨No, Phi. Can you just tell me what happened? I've been asking you for days now and you still haven't told me.¨ I complained.

¨Well, that is for me to know and for you to find out. Until then...¨ He stood up.

¨I'll be going to Dad's Office. I need to discuss something with him. See you, tomorrow. Enjoy your last day being a Kanawut.¨ He smiled and stepped out of the balcony.

I really need to remember what happened that night. Damn. I said to myself.

I went back inside and went straight to the guest room where I´ll be staying for the night. I need a lot of rest tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a tiring day.

--

A/N: Wedding day is almost near. :)

See you in the next chapter :)