Chapter 6

Things are going smoothly lately.

When we told our parents that we'll push on with the wedding, they started preparing for it right away. Now, 2 months have passed and I only have 1 week left before I become a married man.

Those months were uneventful. I was too busy working at the hospital, P'Mew is busy working as well.

Today, I was asked by my parents to pack my things since P'Mew and I will be living in the Suppasit Mansion after the wedding. 

At first, we were opposed to the idea of moving there but considering the status of Mew’s family,  it's better to live there since the security is better and we need to be extra careful. P'Mew is stressing over something for the past 2 weeks and I'm sure it's something to do with a dangerous transaction. I just hope this doesn't affect my job since I'm planning to still work at the hospital after the wedding.

I was rummaging through my closet when I saw a small box in the corner of my closet. 

Oh my, I totally forgot about this.

I took the box and I sat on the bed.

It's just a normal medium sized brown box.  In the corner of the lid there's a small scribble that says January 26 ❤

The exact date when I first met P'Mew.

When I opened the box, I saw all the things I kept that reminded me of P'Mew from High School up to my Residency: all addressed to Phi that I never get to give. The movie and concert tickets that we attended.

But the most memorable of all is inside a small box, the bracelet and the letter. I was supposed to give this to him when I was in my Residency. The 3rd time I tried confessing how I feel.

--

Flashback

4 years ago

I thought I'll get used to being a doctor, but I guess that's not gonna happen anytime soon. There's just a lot of things to do. I need to review for exams, scrub in for surgeries and take care of patients. 

You need to do this. For P'Mew. I said to myself.

My phone rang.

ER. Vehicular Accident.

Oh sh*t.

I ran as fast as I could. As I entered the Emergency Room, I spotted two stretchers being brought in. 

"What happened?"

"2 men. One said that there's something wrong with the break of the car and they crashed and hit a tree. One is injured badly and the other one has minor injuries."

"I'll take him up for scans," Mild said while taking one of the patients. 

I went to the other patient.

"Are you Mr. Ohm Thiwat? Hello, my name is Gulf. I'm just gonna look at your injuries and do some tests to make sure you're okay" I smiled and started checking on him.

"Where's Pohn? I need to see Pohn."

"Oh, is that his name? They brought him up to do scans, he'll be back soon. I'll give you updates about him once we have one."

I was busy making sure that he's okay then suddenly…

"This is supposed to be our first day, you know. Our first date as a couple. Why does that car have to act stupid today of all days."

I don't know what to say. I just looked at him and he started rambling. 

"I met Pohn when I was 3 years old. I have loved him all these years and only got the courage to confess 2 days ago. This is supposed to be the day 1 of our forever,  you know? Why is this happening?"

I held his hand, I can't even console him and tell him that everything will be okay. Pohn's injuries are so severe. When I saw him, I had this feeling that he wouldn't make it.

"Mr. Thiwat? Can we talk to you for a second?" Mild approached us.

"Yes, doctor what is it?"

"I'm so sorry. Pohn passed away. His heart stopped beating when we took him upstairs for scans. We tried everything but there's just too much bleeding and the damage to his internal organs are so severe. We are contacting his parents now. I'm sorry for your loss."

"No. That's not true! Save him, olease! He can't leave me like this! Please!"

Ohm is crying hard, all the staff in the ER became quiet.

I stood there quietly, trying so hard to fight my tears.

--

Life really is short.
You'll never know what you have till it's taken away from you.

Now, I'm inside a jewelry shop. Trying to buy something to give to P'Mew as I confess today.

I'll tell him what I feel now. I don't want to spend another minute of this life trying so hard to hide what I feel about him.

"You might want to buy this instead, Sir." The lady said while handing me over a black charm bracelet.

"This is a black onyx protection bracelet. It's blessed by the monks. This protects the person who wears this from sickness, misfortune and accidents."

Just what Phi needs.

"Alright, Miss. I'll take this." I smiled.

-- 

I rode a cab to the restaurant where Phi and I should meet.

I'm so nervous. I really prepared for this. I'm wearing a white button down shirt, black pants and leather shoes. My hair styled neatly, not even a strand out of place. 

I think it's better to write a letter just in case I won't be able to confess my feelings .

P'Mew,

I know this is so random. You might not be expecting this but I want to thank you for everything you've done for me. Working as a Doctor opened my eyes that life really has it's unexpected twists and turns. So let this be the first plot twist of our story. 

I love you, P'Mew. I love you so much. Life can be very cold but with you around, I always feel warm. You have protected me all these years so let me have the honor of protecting you as well, but this time, as your boyfriend.

If you feel the same, please wear this bracelet. This will protect you from harm when I'm not around.

Always waiting for you,
Gulfie ✌

--

I'm already inside the restaurant.
My hands are sweating and I am so nervous.

After a moment that felt like an eternity,  I saw P'Mew enter the restaurant.

This is it.

"P'Mew! Here!"

I stood up and looked at him.

Damn. He looks so good.

Then, I realized. He's not alone.

"Hi, Gulf! It's been a while!" Eye said while smiling.

I looked at P'Mew but he's looking at Eye with a smile on his face.

Uhm, what the hell is going on?

--

A/N: I'm apologizing in advance for the next chapter.  It will be kinda sad. ✌🥺