Chapter 26

Mew 

Things are turning for the worst. Not only is the underground business affected, stocks of our legal businesses are affected as well since Dad fell on a coma.

I have been trying to convince the shareholders that I can take over Dad's place until he wakes up. They have agreed for now but I know these people will not sit still.

If only I had gone to the transaction instead,  Dad will still be well today. 

Not only that, since I knew who the traitor is already, I need to inform my trusted members of the family as well. This will come off as a shock, but for one particular person, this will break his heart. 

Now, I'm in my office as I wait for everyone to come in for a usual meeting. Once Zee, Kao, Saint and Boat were inside, I stood up and turned on the TV that was connected to my laptop.

"This might come off as a surprise. I never thought the spy of the Chivaree was so up close and personal. Everyone, look at the TV"

I heard everyone grasp. I looked at him and I saw tears in his eyes.

I know. This is something we never expected.

----

Gulf

I sat down on one of the chairs in the Balcony of the Kanawut mansion as I opened my phone and got ideas for our 6th month as a married couple. 

"Hey, Gulfie! What's up??" Metawin asked as he entered the balcony.

"Getting gift ideas for our 6th month. How are you, Phi?" I asked him.

"I'm good. Everything's just the same. I heard that there are problems with the Suppasit's business? Just let me know what I can do to help. Okay?" He said as he tapped my shoulders.

"Thank you, Phi. Anyways, How's your love life? P'Nadech and Yaya have olabs on getting married but you're still single? Have you ever dated or fell in love before?" I curiously asked him.

"Well, I was in love once. Just once and it never happened again. The person who saved me from the kidnappers when I was young? That was him. But when I met him a few years later, He ended up loving somebody else." He shrugged and smiled.

That was so sad.

I don't know what to say so I just hugged Phi.

"I'm okay with it, Gulfie. My priority is our family. As long as you, Nadech and our parents are safe, then I'm happy already. Now, I have to go back to work. " He said when he was about to leave the balcony.

"Oh and by the way, I think it's better if you give him a gift that is so meaningful and grandiose that he would never forget it." He winked and left.

Meaningful and grandiose?

Wait! I have an idea!

I quickly searched for a contact on my phone and called that person.

Heh, I bet he'll never forget this.

---

Mew

"When are you planning to meet the Chivarees? I'll go with you." Zee said as he asked me.

"It'll be tomorrow, as I have plans on spending the day after with Gulf. It's our 6th month so even if the situation isn't that good, I want to spend some alone time with him." I said.

"You guys deserve it, you have been working so hard for the past few months. You should take it easy." Saint said.

"Do you want us to go with you tomorrow?" Kao asked.

"It's fine. I have Saint with me there." I said.

"And Boat?" Zee asked.

"I have something important to do tomorrow." Boat said.

I looked at him and nodded.

----

Boat's POV

The restaurant I rented is decorated with flowers and candles.
This is Jame and I´s 3rd anniversary. This is the day that I planned on proposing to Jame.

Not until I knew that he was the 2nd son of the Chivaree clan and the one responsible for the Biogenetics. He was the spy.

My heart hurts. I can't believe I was betrayed like this. I really thought he was it for me. When he knew that I was a part of the Mafia, he accepted it fully, not knowing that he knew it all along and used me to get information about the transactions and the family.

I thought that sharing my home, passwords on my laptop and phone with you will be safe because we are in love. I mean, I was.

I was so wrong.

I saw Jame enter the restaurant and he looked around. He smiled at me and greeted me.

¨Hi, Babe! How was your day?¨ He asked.

Better off without a fake like you.

¨I´m good. Happy Anniversary, Babe.¨ I kissed him. This is the last time.

I looked around and saw the other members of the family all set up and ready.

I guess it's time. 

¨Babe, do you remember the first time we met? It was at a bar and you were crying so hard because you said your boyfriend left you. I remember talking to you until morning and having breakfast with you before we separate ways.¨ I smiled.

That was a good memory before. I can't believe we'll end up like this.

¨Then the days spent with you turned into weeks and months and now years. From saying goodbye every night I drop you off your condo to saying goodnight when we sleep together lying in bed. Everything was so magical and it felt surreal to me.¨ I said as I tears fall down my eyes.

¨I never believed in God but I prayed that you get to stay with me for a long time. It felt so good being loved by you and I´m the happiest loving you¨ I said as I laid a box in front of him.

¨Boat. What´s thi—¨ He opened the box and saw nothing inside.

¨I loved you with everything I have, But I guess you just tolerated it.¨ 

I grabbed the folder under the table and dropped it in front of him. He took the papers and photos out and I saw his eyes grew wide. 

¨You´re right. I figured you out, Jame Chivaree. The days of fooling us are over. Take him to the lair.¨ I said as the other members of the family hold him.

¨Boat! Wait!¨ He shouted as he was taken away. I turned my back on him and never looked back.

When I was leaving the restaurant, I took the ring from my pocket and threw it at the nearest trash can.

So much for being in love.

--

AN: is your guess right?

This AU is almost done. I'm glad it got 1k votes! Thank you everyone!

See you in the next chapter! 🥺😌😁