Chapter 8

I didn't do anything wrong so why do I feel guilty?

I sat inside the coffee shop where Eye and I decided to meet up.

Should I tell her that it was just temporary? should I tell her that P'Mew is doing this for her?

But I promised P'Mew that no one should know except for us...

oh, and speaking of honesty.

I texted P'Mew.

To P'Mew:
I'm at this coffee shop [location]. Eye wants to talk.  

I was busy with my thoughts when Eye sat in front of me.

"I need to know what's going on. Are you really getting married? Has he been cheating on me all these time?" Eye asked. I can hear desperation in her voice.

"No, he didn't cheat on you. He really loves you but yes, we are getting married. I'm sorry it ended this way."

"I know. He loves me. So why is he getting married to you? Did you force him to do this?" Eye is now glaring at me.

"I would never force him to do this. How can you say that to me? You never heard anything mean from me. I am happy for you both, you know that!" I am fuming.

"Then why will you get married?"

"Why don't you ask him instead? He's the one who asked me to get married to him."

"Why did you agree, then?"

I took a deep breath.

"I love him, Eye. I loved him first. Before you, he has me. I was always there. So, tell me. If you were me, and the person you loved all your life asked your hand in marriage, would you say no? I can't say no. I wouldn't say no. I'm sorry." I said lookat her straight in her eyes.

"I can't lose him, Gulf. I fought so hard for him. To be with him, please don't do this to me."

"Ask P'Mew. It's Phi who left you. Stop asking me to leave. I'm not gonna do you any favor, I don't owe you anything."

She glared at me and before I could react, she splashed a glass of water in my face.

I just stood there. Shocked that she can be like this.

"EYE!" P'Mew shouted her name while walking towards us.

Eye held his hands while crying. I looked at Mew and he looked like he was about to cry as well.

P'Mew looked at me, then looked at Eye. He grabbed her hands and before they left, he glanced at me.

"I'll have the driver fetch you. You didn't bring your car, right?"

"Don't bother. Just leave. I'll get home eventually." I smiled at him.

He handed his handkerchief to me.

"Go to the mansion, Let's talk. I'll see you later."

Then they're gone.

I wiped my face with the handkerchief he gave me. I can feel the eyes of the people inside the coffee shop staring at me.
This is so embarrassing.

Why bother asking me to marry him when he'll leave me here like this? 

---

It's been hours and I'm still walking, without any exact destination where I want to go.

At first, I thought of going home right away but I don't think I'll be able to face him and our family. Not yet.

So since it's still early (I think), I decided to take the MRT instead.

When I stepped inside the train, I stood in the corner and stared outside.

I knew this would happen. It has been 17 years. 17 long years. When will you accept the bitter truth, Gulf?

Even if he asked me to marry him. In the end, it will never be me. It's never going to be me.

I feel hot tears run down my face.

When the thought that the two of them are together right now crossed my mind, I cried.

In what felt like hours, I just stood in that corner of the train, crying my heart out.

---

I entered my Condo, I decided to not go to the Suppasit Mansion, I'll just bring my things there on another day.

Should I even move my things there? I don't think I can do this.

I decided to inform Mew's parents that I can't go there today.

I took my phone out of my pocket and realized that it's off.

Oh shit. My phone's dead. Maybe I'll just tell them later.

I charged my phone and went to my room to get the small box in my luggage.

I took out the bracelet from the small box and for the nth time today, I'm crying.

"Why is it so hard to be with you, Phi? Why do I have to look like the bad guy? The people in the coffee shop looked at me like I took you away from her. That I'm the one who stole you away. But I didn't. Why does it feel like I'm the one who's wrong?"

I put the bracelet back in the box and went to the kitchen to get wine.

After drinking 4 wine bottles(?), I heard a loud knock.

 Damn, People need to chill.
 The person knocking is about to break my door.

"Wait up! I'm coming! Don't break my door!"

I opened it and I saw P'Mew.

"Phi? why are you here?"

He looked at me, eyes full of worry(?), and grabbed my waist to hug me.

"Where were you? I've been trying to call you. I am so worried"

He stared at me, waiting for a reply. But when I didn't say anything, He lifted my chin and stared at my lips. 

What the hell? Am I that drunk? I think I'm hallucinating.

--

A/N: I'm reading all your comments and I just want to thank everyone for their kind words.

Thank you for the votes and follow as well. :)

See you in the next chapter ^^