Chapter 16

Chapter 16

So, after a 12 hour flight, we finally stepped out of the plane. We have arrived at Schiphol Airport. Yep, We're in Amsterdam.

We'll stay here for 2 weeks then we'll take a train to Paris and spend the last 2 weeks of our trip there.

To be honest, when he told me the places we were going, I want to go home. I really hate it here.

"Gulfie, where are you going? wait for me!" P'Mew shouted.

"I'm not even 2 meters away from you, Phi. Stop being dramatic. And I thought we are bringing bodyguards, where are they anyway?" I asked. Being here really irritates me.

"I told you, right? They need them in Thailand that's why we can't bring them. Besides, I can protect you anyway and by the way you shoot people yesterday? I know you can protect me too." P'Mew smiled.

"With the way you said it, You made me look like I like shooting random people, Phi. I did it for a reason, you know." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, Alright. I'm sorry. So where will we go now? How do we get out of this airport?" P'Mew teasingly said.

"The exit is right there. We'll just get a cab and go straight to the hotel." I pointed at the direction we're heading.

"You were always out of the country for the past 2 years, Phi. Have you ever been to Amsterdam and Paris?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've been here. I never got the chance to roam around though. I was here for work and I rode a private plane so..." P'Mew shrugged.

"You seem to know this place well though. Have you been here? Is this where you went 4 years ago when we can't contact you?" P'Mew asked.

Well, that's right. That's actually why my parents are afraid of letting me out of Thailand. I went here alone. I spent 3 days here and spent a week in Paris. I never contacted anyone. I turned off my phone and did everything so they can't contact me. When I went back, I was never allowed to go out of Thailand without their permission ever again.

"Yup. Travelled here alone before and I was able to roam around here for 3 days and 3 days in Paris." I said.

"But were you away for almost 2 weeks? I remember Mae calling me everyday to ask if you contacted me." P'Mew said.

I shrugged. The truth is, I was in Amsterdam for 3 days and roamed around Paris for the first 3 days and stayed at the hotel for the next 4 while drinking and crying my heart out.

"Why did you go here, anyway?" P'Mew asked as we wait for a cab outside the airport.

"To mend my broken heart." I replied as a cab arrived.

I told the driver where we are going and helped Phi to put our luggage at the compartment of the cab.

P'Mew didn't ask any questions after that.

We stayed silent for the whole ride.

--

We entered the room that was booked by my parents. It is beautiful. The room is bigger than my Condo, to be honest. Aside from the bedroom, there's a living room, a kitchen and the bathroom has a jacuzzi in it.

I went to the balcony and inhaled the Amsterdam air.

Last time I was here, I was crying over a man I can't have. Now, I'm back in this place with the man who's the reason for all those tears. How the tables have turned indeed.

But, I'm sure that the next time I'll be here will be more painful than the first. Now, I'll remember all the memories we made here. I don't think I'll go back to these places, ever again.

I was busy admiring the view from the balcony when I felt warm arms wrapped me in a hug.

"Happy first day of Vacation, Gulfie." P'Mew whispered in my ear that sent shivers down my spine.

"You're so silly, Phi." I chuckled.

"Wash up. Let's rest first and have dinner for a bit, okay?"

"Okay, Phi."

--

As expected, Amsterdam is beautiful just like the first time I was here.

It was more beautiful now since P'Mew is with me.

We watched concerts, biked around the city and just had a really good time.

No patients to worry about, No business to handle, No family to take care of and protect.

Just P'Mew and I.

I wish we could stay like this forever.

--

We're now in Van Gogh Museum. We're admiring the place and looking at the paintings.

I saw P'Mew looking at one of his famous paintings.

"Van Gogh is your favorite Artist, right?" P'Mew asked.

Wow, He remembered.

"Well, yeah. When I was a member of Theater Club in High School, We had a project to re-enact his life. I started doing research so I can write the script of the play properly. That's when I started admiring his views when it comes to life. But the first time I went here, I felt sad for him. Then, I realized that we are the same." I said.

"Because he puts love in everything he does?" P'Mew asked.

"Nope. He once said, 'I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." I said.

"We gave our heart to everything we loved. In the process, it drove us insane. Did you know that all he had was failed attempts in love?" I stared at the painting, Sunflowers in a vase.

"All he did is love and he still died alone."

I can feel P'Mew staring at me.

"When I first went here, I thought Maybe, I'll just accept my fate of losing the love I tried to hold on to for all these years. That I'll just endure everything so I can stay close to the people I love, even if they don't love me in return. But then I realized one thing..."

"What?" He asked.

"That I am as precious as the person I loved. That if I can't receive the love I deserve from someone else, I should give that type of love to myself." I looked at him.

"So, I made up my mind. The next time that I get hurt like that, I'm walking away. Not because that person made me sad, but because I deserve a chance at happiness too." I smiled at him.

"Come on, Phi. I'm hungry. I know a good restaurant near here. You'll love it there." I grabbed his hand and went out of the Museum.

--

We are already eating at the restaurant I recommended to Phi.

"We only have a day left here in Amsterdam before we ride a train to Paris. Where else do you want to go?" P'Mew asked.

"I want to go to Bollenstreek. Let's have our picture taken in the flower fields, Phi." I smiled.

"Whatever you want, Gulfie." P'Mew smiled back at me.

"Excuse me, Sirs." A blonde girl said when she approached us.

"My friend over there--" she pointed in a direction towards a table where a brunette is and the girl waved back to us.

"--finds you very handsome and wants to know your name." She said while looking at Phi.

I raised my eyebrow and glared at the brunette.

"My name is Mew." P'Mew said.

Really now? How dare him answer this girl? Does he want to die?

"and the man over here--" P'Mew reached for my hand and held it tightly.

"--is my lovely husband. I appreciate your compliment but it would be nice if you go back to your table so we can go back to our dinner. We're newlyweds and I don't want my husband to be jealous during our honeymoon.:" Phi smiled.

"No, I'm not!" I feel myself blushing.

"Yes you are, love." He's grinning.

wait. Did he just say "love''?
I feel like fainting.

"Ohhh... I'm sorry to interrupt. Congratulations on your wedding. Again, I apologize" The blonde girl bowed at me and hurriedly went back to their table.

When the girl was back at her table, I leaned in to P'Mew.

"Hey, Phi! Did you just call me 'Love'?" I asked.

"Yes, I did."

"Why?"

"Why not? We're married!" He said while smiling.

"But this marriage isn't -- " I was interrupted by him reaching out to get a small crumb of food at the side of my mouth.

"We are married and I will call you whatever I want to." He smirked at me while eating the crumb he removed from my face.

what the?

 --

A/N: Are you ready for the next chapter? I hope you are 🤣🤣🤣