Chapter 2

Chapter 2

17 years ago

Gulf

I am dead. I am so dead.

I am running for my life right now. High School is hell.

This school is prestigious and full of rich people that's why it's understandable if bullying is everywhere. 

But what I didn't expect is that I'll be bullied.

This is my 2nd year. I thought it'll be easier but it got worse.

First, it was just a simple verbal insult. Then they started putting insects and rotten food in my locker. 

This was the worst. They want to dump me in a trash can!

I'm telling my parents. I can't do this anymore. I thought to myself while trying to hold back tears and running for my life.

I didn't notice that I already reached the rooftop and when I slammed the door shut, I immediately lied down and started crying.

"What did I do to deserve this? I was never mean. I didn't even look their way. I can’t do this anymore. This is too much. I don't deserve this!"

I was wailing.

"Then start fighting back. Don't  just cry and complain. You have to fight back"
The student said while walking towards me.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't know that someone is here" I said 

"Well, now you know. I'm bored and you woke me up from my nap. I'll help you get back at them. Tell me their names." He said while cracking his fingers.

"No, it's fine. I don't want to burden you. You might be bullied too. I can’t include you in this mess as well."

"That’s never going to happen. Now, let's go down and tell me who they are."
He held my hand and opened the door.

--

That's how I met P'Mew.
He has always protected me.

He appears to be cold and rude to other people but with me, he has always been warm.

He was never mean to me. He respects my views and opinions.  He makes sure that I'm always safe, especially when his Dad told me about them being a Mafia.

He had never ignored me. He always makes sure that I'll still be there even if He's angry at me or when we get into a fight.

But today is the first time. 
This is the first time he got mad at me. I am sure he is furious.

We're in his room and I am sitting across from him while he is glaring at me.

"What?" I asked while raising my eyebrow. 

"Do you know all of this? Do you know their plan?" He asked while glaring at me. He is really mad.

"What are you talking about? Of course not! Do I look like I have time for these type of things?"

Patience, Gulf. Patience.

"I don't know. From what I observed, you are not happy when you heard the news that I'll be proposing to Eye. You tried to hide it but I saw it in your eyes."

Well, what does he expect me to do? Rejoice that the man I love will marry somebody else?

"You are overthinking things, Phi. Just sleep this off. I'll go home. Let's talk tomorrow and think about what we'll do about this."

I stood and was about to open the door when I heard him say.

"Maybe the reason why you were speechless when they said we'll be married is because you love Eye. I see how you look at her everytime that the 3 of us are together. Maybe you're mad because at the end, I'll propose to Eye and she'll choose me. Don't take Eye away from me, Gulf. Don't do this to me. She's the only one I have left. No one understood but she did and she stayed." I can hear his voice shaking.

What the hell was he thinking?

"Do you even hear yourself, Phi? What the hell were you thinking? I don't love Eye!"

I love you, Phi.

"And seriously? No one was there for you? What about me? I've known you for 17 years. I was always there for you! I knew you were Mafia. This put me in danger and instead of running away from you, I learned how to protect myself, to protect you! You have nothing? Seriously? What about me, then? Do I mean nothing to you?"

"Gulf.."

"Do not talk to me. I am tired. I spent 48 hours saving lives. I went here thinking I'll have a better time but you being angry at me is spoiling my mood. I don't deserve this! Do you think I want to marry you? Hell no! I don't want to talk to you anymore. I'm going home!"

I slammed the door shut.

--

"You look like hell." Mild Suttinut, a General Surgeon at the hospital I work at and one of my college friends, said.

"I only had 6 hours of sleep and I fought with Mew so…" I shrugged. 

"Why? Did you tell him about what you feel? Did he reject you?"

"Worse. He thought I like his girlfriend."

"WHAT? HAHAHAHA No Offense but you never looked straight. Like, ever.  How can he think you like his girlfriend? How dense can he be?" 

"Shut up. Eat this" I stuffed his mouth with bread.

"By the way, what did you guys talk about? You were with both of your parents, right?"

Oh shit.

"Well, about that--"

 My phone rang.

"I'll tell you about it later, Mild. I'm being paged down the ER." I told Mild while I was running.

--

I just want to sleep.

I just got off an 8 hour surgery and I can feel my body shutting down.

I was about to doze off when I received a text from my Dad.

Dad:
When will you get off work? Mew told us that you'll talk to us.

What? Mew told them what?

I was about to call him when my phone rang. He's calling.

"What? If you are calling me about what happened last time I do--"

"Can I talk to you right now? I'm in the hospital lobby."

"Phi, I'm tired. I can't--"

"Please, Gulfie. I'll wait for you here."

Gulfie. Damn. The magic word.

"Fine. I'll  go there now."

Even after what you did, even after hurting me and being so clueless all these years. If you need me, I'll always come running to you.

I arrived at the lobby and I saw him standing with this bothered look on his face.

What's with him? I thought as I approach him.

"Phi, I don't have enough time. What is this about? I have to talk to the Residents in 15 minutes. If this about the last time, let's not--"

"Let's get married."

"What, Phi?"

"I said let's get married. Marry me, Gulfie"

What the hell?

--

A/N: I wonder if someone is reading this.

Anyways, if someone is reading this. Please leave comments. I would love to hear from you :)