Chapter 13

Gulf

A week has passed and I can say that being a Suppasit is a one of a kind challenge.

I mean, I was born in a rich family. But this family? They're a whole new level.

They have welcomed me in their home since I was in college but I never really had a chance to look into their lifestyle because P'Mew doesn't talk about it.

They have legal businesses just like what I mentioned before but most of the transactions they have in underground are about ammunition, financing and data hacking.

The Mafia is made up of 3 prominent families: (1) Suppasit, Phi Mew's family, they lead the whole clan, Uncle Mark being the Boss. (2) Pruk, Phi Zee's family, their line of business is related to allied health and sciences (they own the hospital I work for, whichshocked me btw) (3) Noppakao, Phi Kao's family, they are in the entertainment business, they own a talent agency with famius actors, musicians and models.

Transactions of the family are worldwide. Based on the data I saw and that was given by Dad (Uncle Mark) for me to study, They are ruthless.

I mean, I've known it from before. Dad and I used to have a conflict when he thought I'd take P'Mew away from them.

But these people are extremely loyal to their family. I see records of them trying to save each other's asses when they get caught and they have parties every now and then to celebrate each of the families successes. 

Like now.

I am checking my outfit in the mirror just to make sure that I look okay.

Today is the day I'll get officially introduced to the family.

"You are in front of the mirror for an hour already. Can we just go?" P'Mew complained. 

I rolled my eyes. Well, unlike him who looks effortlessly good in a suit, I need to take my time to look perfect.

But of course I won't say that straight to his face. Pride is all I have at this point.

"5 more minutes, Phi. Is my hair good tho? Should I part it to the side?" I asked.

I'm wearing a black and white (this is required!) tuxedo with my hair down with bangs.

Their fashion sense, I swear.

"You look really good now, Gulf. You don't even have to put too much effort. So, can we go now please? I was never late in a family gathering. Let's keep that record, okay?" P'Mew took my hand and we went out of the room.

---

Is this my welcome party? Are they for real?

The venue of the party is held at one of the family's hotels. It is so luxurious.

Everything is just sparkling.

Classical music is being played by a live classical band. Wine is being served everywhere. There's like 500 people here all wearing black and white suits and dresses. 

I never attended any gatherings with my family because of Med School so unlike my older brothers,  I'm not used to this type of thing.

The moment we entered the hall, Phi Mew's expression changed. His gentle eyes turned expressionless and his smile became controlled. 

Well, I have to admit. He does look scary and intimidating when you're not close to him. The most I saw him smile was at our wedding.

"You're here. I thought you'll be late. Oh, hello Gulf" Saint smiled at me.

"Hello, Saint! I want to apologize that I wasn't able to say Hi to you at our wedding" I said.

"It's okay. That was a busy day, but nonetheless beautiful. Anyways, we have to go. Your parents are waiting for you." Saint led the way.

--

The party is in full swing. I was left at the table with Jom (Phi Mew's younger sister), eating and drinking wine while P'Mew left to talk to Phi Zee's parents.

Everything looked calm until I heard a loud crash.

Now my eyes grew wide as I saw 2 people holding knives trying to stab each other.

What the hell?

I can't hear what they are arguing about but one of them lounged at the other stabbing the other person at the stomach.

What's surprising about all of these is the fact the no one, literally NO ONE is stopping them.

I didn't notice that P'Mew, P'Zee and P'Kao are already beside me.

"Well, so much for asking for peace." P'Kao said.

"It looks like you already have your first patient.  Welcome to the family, Gulf." P'Zee said while smiling.

What the hell did I get myself into?

--

A/N: hi, for both Mew and Gulf's POV, I'll start using 'Mom and Dad' for Mew's parents and 'Mae and Por' for Gulf's. To avoid confusion.

I read some of the comments and I saw that you find Mew confusing. Well, it meant to be that way so *shrugs*

I hope you're enjoying the story :)

Your comments are welcomed and I love reading them so keep them coming :)

See you in the next chapter :)