Chapter 28

Gulf

I sat on one of the tables in the Doctor's Lounge.
I checked my phone if there are any pending things I need to check on and since there´s none, I put my phone back in my pocket and started to eat my food.

I don't have the appetite to eat but I don't have a choice since it has been 17 hours (I think) since I last ate and I´ll faint here if I don´t eat soon.

It has been a month. A month of pure hell.

A month since I´m back to being a Kanawut.

¨You look like hell. Can you eat properly and stop distancing yourself from everyone? Divorces happen. I´m not saying it's okay but you have us. Talk to us and don't keep the sadness to yourself.¨ Mild said as he goes to my table with Bright in tow.

¨Feel better soon, Gulfie.¨ Bright said as he looked at me, worry evident in his eyes.

¨I have an Idea! It's our rest day tomorrow. Let's go out! It doesn't have to be a bar!  Eat a restaurant or something.¨ Mild suggested.

¨Let's go! I´m in! Go with us Gulfie, please?¨ Bright pleaded.

¨Fine, whatever.¨ I said as I stood up and went to the restroom.

I took out my phone and texted Boat.

Gulf: How´s Phi?
Boat: He looks like he's about to die and he's still mad. VERY MAD. Damn. I feel sorry for the both of you. I wish this would end but you need to wait for a bit longer.
Gulf: I know. There's nothing that we can do about it. It's for the family anyway. Does he know about Dad?
Boat: Not yet since you told us not to tell him.
Gulf: Thank you, Boat. Really. Take care of Phi, okay?
Boat: I will.

I put my phone back in my pocket and went back to the Lounge.

You can do this, Gulf. This is for the family.

Mew

I´m on my way back to my office in the company building after a long meeting. It's getting harder and harder to convince the board members to leave the CEO position of the company alone. 

I was about to enter my office when Saint stood up.

¨Miss Eye Siwaphon is waiting for you inside, Sir.¨ Saint said.

And just when I thought I could rest already.

¨What do you want?¨ I asked Eye as I entered the office.

¨Is that how you greet your fiance?¨ Eye asked.

As if I have a choice.

¨I am busy so tell me what the hell do you want?¨ I asked, glaring at her.

¨Let's eat dinner together tomorrow. I already booked a table at a restaurant. Just be there by 7pm. You know what'll happen if you don't come right?¨ Eye said.

Damn it.

¨Fine. Now leave.¨ 

She waved at me and left the office.

I stared at the ceiling as I felt tears fall down my face.

It has been a month.
I miss Gulf.

Just 2 more weeks,Mew.  2 more weeks You can do this.

—-

Flashback 
1 month ago