Chapter 3

I knew that it was love even before I graduated from High School.

I remember that day. It was raining and it was a Thursday.

--

17 years ago

Ever since I became friends with Phi Mew, kids at school stopped bullying me. He taught me how to fight back and now I live a drama-free life and am a part of Theater Club. I'm so happy at this club. I've always wanted to be a movie director. I told my parents about my dream of becoming a director. They were a bit hesitant at first since my grades are good enough to get me to a good Law or Medical School but when I pleaded, they eventually gave in.

I mean, no one can say no to my pleading. It has a 100% success rate and it'll stay that way.

Life is kinda good recently but I'm slowly getting sad because of P'Mew. Phi is a year older so it's his last year. He only has 2 months left and he'll graduate and study Business Administration at Chulalongkorn University.

He doesn't talk about his family. He is very quiet. All he does is watch me eat, rant and sometimes he plays games with me. He loves anime and manga too. There are times that he acts like a big baby when he wants something, which is very cute btw, but most of the time, he acts cool when there's a lot of people around us.

We are currently at the rooftop, which became our hideout, while we are watching the dark clouds.

"I think it'll rain. You know what? I have always loved the rain." P' Mew said.

"Why, Phi? Because it's cold?" I asked.

"Because it will always be there. It comes every time. Sometimes on the days you didn't expect it to come, sometimes on the days when you exactly needed it. It will leave but it'll come back. It might be gone for a long time, but when it comes back, It makes my heart calm. It just amazes me on how something so cold can make you feel warm." He said while looking at the sky.

"I'm glad that it makes you happy, Phi. But Rain makes me sad. Mom said that when it rains, somewhere, someone is grieving for a love they lost. So everytime it rains, I feel sad for those people who lost their love." I said.

"N' Gulf. Sometimes, losing someone you love isn't a bad thing. To gain something better, you need to lose something as well. So don't be sad and enjoy the rain with me. Come on." P'Mew held my hand and run around the rooftop as the rain heavily poured.

"Gulf, have you ever danced in the rain?" P' Mew asked.

"Not yet, Phi. It's cold.  I'll go inside and wait for you there, okay?"

I was about to open the door but P' Mew grabbed my hand, held me at my waist.

He started swaying from left to right and started singing.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth."

I have never felt this before.
I can feel heat rise on my cheeks.
It's raining but I feel so warm.

"And tell me that we belong together,
Dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated,
I'll hang from your lips,
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

I can feel his hands on my waist.
I feel like I'm burning up.
The sound of the rain is so loud but I can still hear Mew’s wonderful voice. I didn't know Phi could sing so well.