Chapter 17

P'Mew is acting weird lately.

He seems... more caring?

I mean he really takes care of me since high school that's why I fell for him in the first place.

But ever since the dinner at the restaurant, he became more caring, affectionate and attentive to detail.

Just like now...

"Phi, let me carry some of the shopping bags. That looks heavy." I said while I looked at him, carrying 4 shopping bags at each hand.

"I'm good. It's not heavy. We're almost at the hotel room anyway. So, let's drop this before we go to the flower fields. I booked a photographer and we'll meet him in the lobby in a bit, Okay?" P'Mew said.

"Okay, Phi."

We went inside the room. P'Mew took the bags to the living room while I went to the bedroom to get my bag before we left for Bollenstreek.

"Gulfie? Don't take your bag with you. Can you just bring all the important things, the things that you really need, put it in my bag and bring the bag here please?"

I did what he asked me to do and went to the living room.

"Let's go, Phi."

"Okay. Give me the bag. I'll carry it."

"But--"

"No buts. Let's leave, the photographer is waiting for us in the lobby already." He took the bag from me, took my hand and we went outside to meet the photographer.

---

"The pictures turned out to be nice, don't you think?" P'Mew asked while he's looking at it through his phone. We are on the train, on our way to Paris.

"Yes, Phi. Thank you for hiring a photographer for us" I said, I can feel myself blush.

"I like this. This is my favorite. I'll have this printed and post it on our room's wall." He smiled at me while showing the picture.

It was a picture of us, Him carrying me bridal style while we smile at each other, surrounded by the flower field.

It's beautiful. We look like we are so in love. I wish we really are.

Unless???

"Gulf? Gulfie?" P'Mew said.

"Oh. Sorry, Phi. Were you saying something?" I asked him.

"Nothing. Are you okay?" He asked and I can see concern in his eyes.

What's wrong with him?

"I'm okay, Phi.  Just a bit sleepy." I said and pretended to yawn.

"Awww. You're tired? Come here, love." He grabbed me on my waist and put my head against his chest. I tried getting away but he tightened his grip on me.

"Tsk. Just sleep, okay? Don't move too much. You have motion sickness. I know you took your medicine, but that's not a guarantee." He said and I stopped fighting.

I can hear his heartbeat and it calmed me down. Within seconds, I drifted off to sleep.

--

Paris. Ah, The City of Love.

The same city where I cried my heart out and almost drank myself to death.

I came back with vengeance. 

Hey, Paris. Do you see this wonderful man, beside me? This is the same guy I cried about 4 years ago. Guess what? He's now my husband.  Hah!

Wait, what the hell am I doing?

"Phi, you should stop carrying my things for me, I'm not pregnant and you're not my butler." I said.

"But you're my husband, so no. I'll keep on doing this." He walked past me carrying our luggage with at least 3 hotel staff behind him carrying the other boxes and bags where the things we bought for our family were.

We stayed silent inside the elevator and went inside the suite once we arrived.

"Get some rest and I'll fix our things. Wash up before going to bed, okay?" P'Mew said.