Chapter 10

Chapter 10

3 years ago, If you told me that I´ll be getting married to P´Mew, I would´ve punched you in the face.

Today is the day.

I know, I know. This is temporary and I shouldn't get my hopes up but I couldn't help but smile because this is what I´ve always wanted.

Atleast, before letting go and moving out of Thailand for good, I get to spend a little part of my life as Phi Mew´s husband.

This day is nerve wracking, to be honest. P´Mew and I wanted it to be a private wedding with just our families and our close friends. But, due to the insistence of our parents, we have agreed to have 100 guests. 

Considering the connections our families have, we really thought the 100 people on our wedding wouldn't be a big deal. But it turns out that our parents invited well-known people from the business world and families from Mew´s Mafia, of course.

And since I 'll be married to a Mafia, the  Mansion, where the wedding will take place, has been heavily guarded since last week.

I was so busy in my thoughts that I didn't notice Mild sneaking in to my room.

¨Hey, where's the gift?¨ Mild asked.

¨Oh right! Hold on.¨ I took a small box in my bedside drawer and gave it to Mild.

He opened it and saw the luxury watch inside.

¨Damn. I know your family is loaded but I didn't expect this type of gift. This cost hundredths and thousands of Baht, right?¨

I shrugged and said ¨That came from my pay of being a Doctor though.  Speaking of, How´s the hospital nowadays?¨

I took a Leave of Absence for 2  months because of the wedding. I don't want to do it at first but since my parents asked (which they don't normally do, except for the arranged marriage part) I said yes. Surprisingly, the director agreed.

¨Well, It's kind of busy. We have a New Neurosurgeon Attending. He's pretty good and very popular as well. And since, the most popular doctor, I´m referring to you by the way, is getting married already, everyone turned their love and attention to him¨ Mild said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes and took the watch from him. I took the note from my bedside drawer that said:

To P´Mew,

A thank you for all the time we spent together and to the times will spend moving forward.

Gulf

I smiled. I put the letter inside the box and asked Mild to give the gift to P´Mew.

I was in the guest room, all dressed up and ready, just waiting for the cue to step out and walk down the aisle.

I feel my hands getting sweaty then I hear a knock on my door.

P´Mew´s parents came inside and smiled at me.

¨You look very Handsome, Son!¨ Aunt Jong, No, Mom Jong, said as she hugged me.

¨Thank you, Mom.¨ I said. Uncle Mark, now my Dad, pat my shoulders.

¨Welcome to the family, officially.¨ He smiled.

¨Thank you, Dad. You guys have been so welcoming to me ever since. I know you had your doubts about me but I'm so glad that you werenever mean to me. Thank you, really. I´m happy to be a part of your family.¨ I smiled with tears in my eyes.

¨Don´t cry. You'll ruin your makeup. We have to go. See you later¨ Mom said

Before they left, Dad went back to me and gave me a hug.

¨Before you doubt yourself, I would have to say that I would never accept any in-law except for you. You will always be the best and only choice¨ Dad said and they left.

Woah. What was that for?

¨Hey, brat. Are you ready?¨My Dad peeked inside the room.

¨Yes, Por. And please stop calling me that. I´m already 34 and almost a married man¨  I said.

We went out and just waiting outside the venue when…

¨Gulf!¨ 

I looked behind me.

This day will never go smoothly, huh?

--

A/N: Hello. This update is kinda short but I'll put another update within the day to make up for it so see you in the next chapter :)