«The boy next door» Gerard x Reader (Part1)

The boy next door (Part 1)

You're sitting there, in the back of your car wondering. Why did we have to move? To a completely different state? Why did I have to leave all my friends behind just because my family wanted a new start? It was so annoying. But right about now, you slowly had to start getting used to what future was going to await you.

"New Jersey, sounds like a whole lot of fun." you say sarcastically to your mom who was reading a book in the front seat.

" Y/N, we've been through this already." your mom answers as you cross your arms and sigh while you lean back on the car seat behind you.

The rest of the ride wasn't as bad. Although siting in a car for 5 hours was a guarantee that boredom will come at some stage, whether you're prepared or not.

"Y/N, Y/N wake up, we're here" you hear your mom say, as you open your tired eyes. You quickly realize you fell asleep.

"Get up, get up, get up," you hear your brother say while he's nudging your shoulder. "My god, okay." you answer getting yourself together and collecting your things into your bag.

"Oh my god, MOM!" you complain. "This is SUCH a downgrade from our house!" "What even-" your mom stops you with the death glare before you can even finish your sentence.

"I heard there's a school nearby, a good one actually, I heard good opinions about it." your dad adds, trying to loosen up the atmosphere.

You get out of the car and stand outside as your mom tries to find the key to the door. You sigh and look around at what's surrounding your new house. Suddenly you see a group of boys around your age walk past your house.

There's one tall blonde, one brunette with VERY curly hair and a smaller guy who for his height still looks a bit intimidating. But one of the four really catches your eye, and makes your stomach twist even looking upon him. He's quite tall, has dark hair and wears eyeliner. 'Woah okay New Jersey off to a good start', you think to yourself.

As he walked by you couldn't stop looking at him. Now that you think about it, it looked like you were a complete psycho.

As they walked past your house you couldn't help but lock eyes with the raven haired boy. He winks in response, leaving you there completely breathless.

"Okay, go in." your mom's words knocked you out of your daydream.

You step inside of the house, and go straight upstairs to assign which bedroom will belong to you. You pick the medium one. You'd take the master, but your mom told you she and dad want the biggest one. (of course). You enter and start to get settled in. The first thing you notice was that you had a window buddy. ( a person who has a room in the house next to yours, making two windows face towards each other) 'This is going to be interesting.' you murmur under your breath before flopping backwards onto your box clammered bed.

>DING DONG< you jump on the sound of the doorbell . You stand up and quietly leave your room to see who was at the door. God bless your mom's already there, as you weren't in the mood to meet new people right now. It's a woman. A middle aged woman. Maybe in her 40's, the same age as your mom, and from the mumbled words you hear, you think they were getting along. "Thank you, Thank you so much Donna". You manage to un-jumble before you heard the door shut.

"Who was that?" you shout from upstairs looking down the long hall.

"Mrs. Way Invited us for dinner tonight, now quick get dressed we leave in an hour." your mom answers with a smile on her face as she strides toward the kitchen where the rest of the family's situated.

"Shit shit shit shit" you say to yourself running back into your room.

"What the fuck am I going to wear?" You jump on your bed, rub your eyes and lay there for a second. After a moment you decide to just dig until you find something. You quickly run over to the boxes of clothes and start to dig with the hope that you'll find something presentable. After 3 boxes of clothes now all over your bedroom, you finally find something. (insert outfit, because i hate the outfits authors put in sometimes, so wear whatever you want) "Yes, this is it". you say, checking the clothes for any stains.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬'

"Y/N, Luke please, now please act good. This is our first neighbor we get to know. Make a good first impressio-" your mom says, Donna suddenly opening the door cutting her off.

"Hi, oh my goodness look at ye," Donna says, smiling awkwardly. "Come in, come in."

"This is Mikey, he's an angel," Donna says as as she pats Mikey on the head making him blush crazily. "and- Oh for god's sake, Micheal get your brother Gerard out of the basement." Donna commands while the dads shake hands and start a convo of their own. (LMAO WHAT DO DADS TALK ABOUT)

Next thing you know, Gerard. That's his name, is walking towards the group of people hurdled infront. He nods to everyone, but when it comes to you, he reaches out his hand.

"Gerard Way" he introduces himself.

"Y/n, Y/l/n" you stutter back, as you take his charcoal covered hand into your own.