«Coffee shop» Gerard x Reader

-----Coffee Shop------

The door of the coffee shop opens, with a slight ring of bells above sending a whiff of cold night air her way. She sniffles and digs her hands further up the sleeves of her sweater once the air reaches, feeling like hundreds of tiny needles are poking her still face. She holds the coffee mug she had previously bought with a firm grip looking deep into the dark liquid, lost in her thoughts.

"shit," she mutters realizing she'd finished her coffee once her palms got icy not from not receiving any more warmth from the balmy cup of caffeine.

She digs desperately through some pockets of her coat, hoping to find some spare coins for another shot of addictive coffee.

"seriously ?" she sighs to herself as she leans into the chair with no luck of locating any change. Only a full 100 bill. She lets out a groan and resumes reading from where she left, hearing the faint voice of a man in the background.

"one medium espresso and, whatever that lady over there got" the man speaks in a quiet tone as he hands a crinkled 5 dollar bill to the cashier, followed by a half smile.

"right, just a moment" the weary worker answers, "your name?"

"Gerard"

"Alright, be right up"

Gerard. That catches her attention. What a nice name, she thought. She looks up from her book to see a statuesque, dark haired man at the counter looking right at her.

Before she could smile back, the cashier called out his name, breaking the somewhat awkward tension between the two.

"Yeah, thanks" he turns and answers taking the cups of coffee into his soft hands.

Before she knows it, he's striding towards her table.

"This seat taken?"

"No, no you're fine" she answers as the corners of her lips curve into a smile.

He sits down and lightly pushes the second cup of coffee her way, the other one in the firm grip of his calloused fingers.

"Oh god, you really shouldn't have," she utters, lightly shaking her head with a light smile plastered onto her face.

"Don't worry bout it, you seemed cold" he chuckles making his hair fall gracefully onto his face.

"I'm Gerard" He smiles.

"Y/n" she answers.

They talk and talk, for hours, which only seems like 20 minutes to the pair.

Suddenly, a loud beam from the outside breaks their contact. Thunder.

"Fuck" she murmurs digging her face in her hands.

"What's up?" Gerard asks, now again facing y/n.

"It's gonna start lashing soon, and my bus stop is like half an hour away, and then there'll be thunder, and I'm going to get struck by lightning on my way there" she chuckles.

"You live far away?"

"Sorta, maybe 50mins from here"

Not long after, loud nearly dangerous beams are heard from outside the tiny coffee shop.

"Great, and it's nearly midnight."

"Y/n, maybe you could stay at my apartment for the night if you want," "It's gonna be like this all night, trust me, and you're not sleeping in the coffee shop right?"