«Killjoys» Gerard x Reader

Y/k/n - your killjoy name

It was a beautiful evening. Stars were brighter than ever. Y/k/n and Party Poison were outside of the diner stargazing. They expected this to be a romantic date, you know, because that's what couples do. Instead, they were laughing their asses off.

"That one looks like Ghoul!" Party said and let out a laugh. Y/k/n was laughing so hard her stomach hurt. "Don't be stupid, it looks like a fucking rat". More laughs filled the air.

After a few minutes they calmed down. Party laid down on the roof of the diner, so did y/k/n. They looked eachother in the eyes, smiles on both of their faces.

"You are beautiful, y/n" Party whispered. Y/k/n smiled. She got closer and moved a strand of bright red hair out of his face.

Y/k/n barely got time to enjoy his presence. They were always fighting and doing tasks. It was rare for them to spend time together, but when they did, they spent it like their last.

Y/k/n always said that she didn't have time for feelings and relationships, but that's when she met The Faboulous Four.

So now, she wanted to enjoy his presence. She knew that she won't get to feel like this for a while. In fact, her gut told her that she won't feel like this for longer than she ever has.

She had a bad feeling.

Y/k/n suddenly sat up and listened closely. She heard something but couldn't tell what that sound was.

Party sat next to her too and put his hand on her shoulder. "You okay? What's wr-" "Shhh!" y/k/n shushed him. He scrunched is eyebrows and stayed quiet. Y/k/n looked around, her eyes darted all over the place.

"Y/n, seriously, what's wrong?" Party asked again, quietly. He looked at her with worry. Y/k/n turned to him and ask, "Can you hear that? Listen". So he did. At first, he couldn't hear anything just the wind and the sand softly moving. After a few minutes his eyes went wide. He could hear it.

Party quickly stood up and grabbed y/k/n's hand. "We have to go, now!". Y/k/n stood up,"why?". Party sighed and rubbed his temple, "Y/n, love, we have to go. You have to go get the others an-" y/k/n cut him off. "Gerard for god's sake, just tell me what's going on!".

Party was panicking. He knew that they were coming. He didn't want to scare y/k/n because he knew she was scared of Korse.

Y/k/n on the other hand was panicking because she didn't know what was going on. She just knew that they were in danger.

Party grabbed y/k/n's face "Darling, we really don't have time, they are com-" suddenly loud noices filled the air. Cars, trucks and guns were heard all over the place.

Party looked down the roof, still holding y/k/n's soft face. All he saw was hundreds of dracs all over the place. They were going inside the diner. His friends, his brother.

He was on the verge of tears, but he wanted to stay strong for y/k/n. Party turned his head back to y/k/n. She was slightly shaking. "They see us, Party" she whispered.

They didn't know that two dracs were sneaking behind them.

They didn't expect that the last thing to hear before they passed out to be the blood curling screams of their best friends.

***

Y/k/n opened her eyes. All she heard was buzzing. She scrunched her face as her eyes were met with an insane brightness.

She sat up and looked around. Y/k/n was stuck in a cell. But she wasn't alone. She was with...Ghoul?

She almost screamed when she saw his condition. Ghould was laying on the stone floor. His face was bleeding everywhere, his lip was busted and he had a black eye.

Y/k/n quickly crawled to him. She started shaking him. Ghoul slowly opened his eyes and grinned when he saw his best friend's face.

"Wassup bitch" Ghould said. Y/k/n started laughing. "I thought you were dead dumbass. What happened?". Ghoul sat up and sighed while rubbing his face.

"I-I don't remember much but, uh, I was in my bed and a shit ton of dracs came in. They dragged my outside and..I saw Korse. He sent dracs on the roof and then I saw them knock you out so, um, I got really scared. I screamed like a little girl" he grinned.

Y/k/n smiled and hugged Ghoul. "I'm glad you're okay, Ghoul".

After inspecting the cell and looking around they came up with a plan.

"You ready?" Ghoul asked y/k/n. She nodded.

Ghould laid on the ground, so he would look like he hasn't woken up. Y/k/n started screaming her lungs out.

Footsteps were heard and in seconds the door of the cell was opened. Y/k/n kept screaming to distract them from Ghoul. While they were occupied with a screaming y/k/n, Ghoul came behind them and knocked them out with a chair.

Y/k/n looked at their lifeless bodies and gasped for air. Her throat was soar. "You scream loud as hell". Ghoul commented.

***

Y/k/n and Ghould were running through corridors. They were trying to find Party and the others.

After hours of lurking around they managed to find Jet and Kobra. It got harder to get around, because the further they went, the more dracs and workers there were.

Y/k/n was worried that they haven't found Party yet. He was the leader so she had a feeling where he was.

While the other three were hiding behind the corner, y/k/n sneaked around and ran towards the place.

When she got there, her breath hitched.

She saw Party, but not how she wanted to. He was lifeless on the floor, much worse looking than Ghoul.

"PARTY!" y/k/n screamed without thinking and ran to her boyfriend. She grabbed his face and looked at his closed eyes.

Y/k/n felt hot tears rolling down her face. "Gerard, please wake up. I know he did this. I will make him pay. Just please open your eyes". She pulled her bleeding hand away from the wound on Party's neck.

Y/k/n sobbed more when his blood rolled down the palm of her hand.

She suddenly heard gunshots farther away from Korse's office.

Scream, one gunshot.

Go! Run Ray! Second gunshot.

No, Frank! Last gunshot.

Silence.

Y/n was frozen. Hot blood rolled down her hands.

She hoped that what she heard wasn't true.

But she knew, it was.

She slowly looked down at Party. At Gerard. At the love of her life.

Just yesterday her and Mikey were having a race. Just yesterday her and Ray were having a shooting competition. Just today she hugged her bestfriend, Frank.

Just yesterday she looked at Gerard's eyes as he said that she was beautiful.

And now she was looking at hazel eyes that were barely open. "Don't ever forget...I..I love you, darling.."

And his eyes closed.

Y/n sobbed.

Just a minute ago Gerard's hand was warm.