«Cemetery Drive» Gerard x Reader

T'was a cold foggy midnight in one of the many cemeteries in a small town. These midnight trips were a normality for her, she didn't feel scared or frightened walking past (which seems like thousands) of mausoleums, graves, crypts, all individually decorated with precise detail, the only thing illuminating them being bare moonlight. She stumbled slowly, cautiously, her eyes catching names of the deceased.

'Elizabeth Trench (1830-1894) May She Be Whom She Was', her grave was broken, sent into shards centuries ago. It wasn't the only gravestone with a ghastly feel, eerie presence. But Y/n found it fascinating. She fantasized about being her friend, she seemed nice. Liza was burnt at steak for witchcraft, but somehow she could relate. Relate to all the spirits, but to one she related the most.

"Gerard!!" she called, as soon as his silhouette showed on the bench, by his own grave.

"Hey y/n," he smiled softly, his ghostly figure taking her into his embrace, as soon as she sat down. She fiddled with her hands, glancing up at what seemed like the most perfect face. See, nobody can really see him, at least he claims so. He died 200 years ago, in his mid 20's of 'natural causes', but he solemnly insists it was this one guy, Paul or James, she thought, he tells lots of stories of how it was, she couldn't really remember. Anytime he tells a story she only recalls glancing upon his almost porcelain features, glass eyes and soft thin lips.

"Y/n, sugar we can't keep meeting like this" he whispered into her ear sending shivers down her spine.

She smiled and looked him in the eyes.

"Why not?"

"You're alive sweetheart" he chuckled softly, lightly tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You've got a whole life, potential. Why spend your whole life with someone like me? A spirit, idea maybe. I don't get it y/n. Nobody has ever done such thing, why are you?"

"Because I love you Gerard" Her heart started pounding as soon as she heard what she said. "Did I say that out loud?" she muttered completely flustered. His pale chalky skin blushed a light red as his lip quivered.

And then he kissed her. Without warning, without even deciding to do it, but simply because he couldn't have done anything else. He needed that breath she was holding. The longing taste of a beating heart, living soul. His thin fingers grazed her cheeks ever so gently while her hands were lost in his mop of dark raven hair. The kiss was passionate, easily the best she'd ever had. They parted and were left in comfortable silence.

"I love you too y/n" he smiled as he matched his lips with hers again.

At that time, only one thought filled her head. "Is it legal to marry a ghost?"