«Guitar strings» Gerard x Reader

Gerard.

Art student, full time struggling artist just trying to get his work done, in peace. But the music, sound more like, of a guitar? No, violin? He wouldn't be surprised if it's the sound of a screetchy tin whistle keeping him awake for nights at this point. Even hiding his face into a pillow couldn't help muffle the sound coming from the upstairs dorm. Now, like a normal person, you'd think to just go up there and ask politely for some yknow, peace? But boy oh boy did Gerard know who was situated in the dorm above his. Y/n.

"I can't do this anymore!" he groaned and slammed the pencil onto his art desk he's been sitting by for hours. He went into the petite bathroom the dorm acquired and splashed his face with icy water.

"You can do this"

You see, Y/n wasn't just a normal student, I mean she was to the average eye, but not to Gerard. Y/n was the girl he's been dreaming about since his arrival at college. They've talked a lot, he wishes. He was really into her, not to hide madly in love with Y/n. It's not like he hasn't tried to talk to Y/n, he has in his dreams. Obviously his friends pushed him into making a move into their relationship, which sounds funny considering they've literally talked twice. But Frank had even insisted on seeing y/n watching Gerard from a distance. He didn't get it though, believe it or not frank isn't the guy you'd believe in first place.

<At the door>

Staring at the beige wood, 'Should I do it?' he wondered before his hands took charge and finally knocked.

"BE THERE IN A MIN" she called out from inside sending shivers down his spine.

"Oh hey Gerard" she smiled opening the door.

His heart skipped a beat. It's actually her. No shit Gerard, he knocked on her door. He looked at her mesmerised and slightly embarrassed making his pale cheeks blush a pinkish color.

"Hey, uh-" he said staring down at his sneakers. "I heard you playing" he managed to let out.

"Oh god I'm so sorry," she chuckled parting her lips gently. "I didn't know you could hear me from upstairs,"

"No, no you were good" he rushed before spotting her bloody fingers. "you know you're not supposed to play until your fingertips bleed right?" he said holding her hand and inspecting the sores.

"I know Gee, it's just that I've got a music assignment and I need to get it done or I won't pass my grade, and then-"

"I-I could help you" he offered.

"You can play?" Her eyes suddenly lit up with the thought of her and Gerard finally spending time together. Alone.

"Yeah sort of , but I'm not the best" he admitted.

"I bet you can do better than me anyways," she giggled and let Gerard into her dorm.

"Woah, these are really good Y/n" he said amazed by her artwork hung up all around the dorm walls.

She walked over to her guitar and plugged it into her amp making a loud screetching noise.

"Stop it Gerard, I've seen your work. This is nothing compared to what you can do"

"Y/n these are beautiful" he cut her off. "Almost as much as you are" he muttered under his breath followed by a loud "Alright. Let's see what you've got, but first," he said and handed her a tissue out of his pocket. "Dry those sores, it's not going to be fun playing with blood dripping down the fret board"

"Thanks" she answered and dried her fingertips feeling his thigh bumping off her own as he sat onto the springy couch.

He reached over Y/n to grab the guitar making the tension grow thicker by the second.

"Okay, so" he carried on, but she didn't care. She didn't really go to music school. This was her and Frank's plan to lure Gerard into talking to her, and guess what it worked. That's all she cared about in that moment. Her mind basically muted everything around her and focused on Gerard's angel like face. Explaining every single detail, power chords, slides, tuning, she thought that's what he was on about anyway.

"y/n?"those words knocked her out of her trance.

He leaned over and took her hand and placed it onto the fretboard but it didn't fully reach. She got the memo and scooted herself closer basically sitting on his lap by this point. His hands grazed over her own guiding the cords and helping her strum in between giggles and misplaced fingers. He leaned his chin on her shoulder taking her into his embrace.

"Y/n," he whispered into her ear.

"Yeah?" she breathed leaning further into his chest.

With a sharp movement he pushed the guitar aside and grabbed her waist twisting her around, leaving her straddling him with her thighs laughing like lovesick teenagers. She took the chance and cupped his face and grazed his lower lip with her tongue.

"I love you y/n" he whispered almost unable to hear against her lips.

"Love you more" she muttered before crashing their lips together and duelling into their long awaited kiss, and a pretty intense make out sesh not gonna lie 😏😏