«Hot tub» Mikey x reader

•trigger warning «sewerslide attempt»•

Y/n was truly one of a kind. But in her head, she was the worst kind. Not in Mikey's head though. Mikey thought y/n was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen, and it was true. He tried to convince the depressed girl that she was beautiful and enough, but that evening he understood, it takes more than convincing.

It was a warm spring evening, about 7 pm. Y/n was resting in the living room, sitting on the sofa. Y/n's boyfriend Mikey was out with his friends.

She knew that Mikey loved his friends, she understood that she shouldn't keep him away from them, that would be rude. Of course, the demons in her head kept repeating awful words. 'Mikey doesn't love you. He rather be with his friends than stay with you.'

She wished that it wasn't true, and a little part of her knew it, but that wasn't enough. She wasn't enough.

So, she made the worst decision she could.

She chose to end it all, she chose to stop the voices.

"It's the only way" she whispered to herself.

Y/n stood up and looked through the window, her eyes landed on the hot tub.

At that moment she wasn't controlling herself, her legs moved on their own. They made their way out of the house and to the hot tub. She stopped. It was dark, the hot tub was black like a void. A void she could disappear in.

One leg in, another one. Y/n sat down, water now was just above her hips. She couldn't see her limbs anymore. She couldn't quite feel them either. It's like the water absorbed her feet and her hands.

All it takes is to go a little lower.

She closed her eyes and went lower.

Lower

Lower

Lower.

She was underwater. Her ears now blocked out the sound. The only thing that was heard was water moving around her.

Y/n was now underwater for quite long, and she felt the need to breathe. But she couldn't. She tried to fight back the urge. 'Just a little longer'.

Her head now hurt. She felt a big pressure on her skull and her throat. It felt as if she was on fire.

Suddenly everything changed. It was bright.

'Is it over?'

She opened her eyes, but all she saw was black.

She couldn't hear, but she could feel. She felt hands around her face. She felt lips on her hands.

And so she realised.

Y/n gasped for air and coughed.

"Y/n! Oh god, you're okay! You're alive! Oh god, oh god!" Mikey shouted. He put his arms around her shoulders and cried.

And so did she.

She cried because she felt guilty, she cried because she felt weak. She thought she was stronger than this.

But also, she felt a flame inside her. She now knew that she rather stay here, with him. Because his words made it seem like he cared.

She now knew, she was enough.