«Prom» Ray x Reader

Prom is supposed to be the best day of a teenagers life. Not for y/n. They, of course, were excited at first. Sadly, after realising nobody was going to ask them to prom, the special day was ruined.

Y/n stood in their room, staring at the red prom dress/suit their mum bought them. It was expensive, and y/n was extremely guilty for not using it on the day they waited for so long.

Their eyes filled with tears. 'This is the worst day of my life', they thought.

Y/n was startled by a knock on their door. They quickly wiped their teary eyes with the sleeve of their pink sweater. Their mother opened the door. "Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?". Y/n smiled, "I'm great, don't worry mum". Y/n's mother smiled sadly, "Y/n, sweetheart, I know you're upset. Why don't you go alone? Or why don't you ask Ray to go with you?".

Ray was y/n's best friend, but he told them he wasn't going to prom if he doesn't have time. Y/n was kind of relieved that Ray didn't ask them. You see, they were in love with him, so if he asked them to prom, y/n wouldn't be able to say anything. Y/n didn't want to ruin the only friendship they had.

Y/n sighed, "Mum, I already told you. He's busy,". Her mother sighed and shook her head, "you didn't even ask him. Alright, at least do something fun". And then she left y/n's room.

Y/n stared at their door for about a whole minute. Were they really going to waste this day?

***

It was now late, almost time for prom. Y/n laid on their bed, still staring at the beautiful red dress/suit they will never going to wear.

Their plan was to watch a movie about prom and cry to sleep. What was not in their plan, was someone knocking on their window extremely loud. Y/n almost fell out of their bed. They slowly walked to their window and were relieved when they saw that it was their best friend.

Y/n opened their heavy window and Ray climbed inside their room with a huge smile plastered on his face. When they closed the window, y/n realised Ray was wearing a suit. He was also holding something behind his back.

Y/n scrunched their eyebrows. "Why are you wearing a suit?" They asked, being utterly confused.

Ray smiled even bigger, if that's even possible. He brought his hand out holding a bouquet of beautiful carnations, those were y/n's favourite. Y/n blushed a deep red. Ray giggled, "these are for you". They took the flowers and looked at Ray, "t-thank you". Y/n turned away and put the bouquet in a vase with another bouquet of flowers they got from Ray a while ago.

Y/n looked back at Ray. "Ray, why are you wearing a suit?" They asked their best friend again. He walked closer to them and put his soft hand on their cheek, "Well I said I have something important to do first". Y/n looked him in the eyes, they realised he was looking at their lips.

"Y/n, can...Can I kiss you?". They gulped. Y/n didn't expect this, but they didn't mind. They nodded their head slowly. Ray leaned down and carefully kissed their soft lips. Y/n felt butterflies in their stomach. They pulled away after a few seconds. "Will you go to prom with me?" he asked y/n.

Y/n looked Ray in the eyes and smiled.

Maybe being a teenager at prom isn't so bad.