«The Ball» Ray x Reader

Ever since y/n was a baby, she was taught that she was royalty, therefore she was supposed to be treated like one.

Her mother always told her that she must marry a wealthy man and take her place.

"You will be such a great queen, my dear" her father always told.

Y/n was always glad that she was a princess, though the satisfaction only lasted during her youth.

On her 18th birthday, she realised that the life she had was not the one she wanted to settle for.

Of course, she was grateful for being taken care of and having anything she ever dreamed of. Though there was merely any fun in her life.

Y/n wanted some adrenaline.

The only time y/n felt alive was during the Royal Ball. This event only occurred once every three years.

Speaking of the Royal Ball, y/n was currently in one. She gawked at all the people dancing while she stood alone. It made her happy seeing everyone grinning and giggling, but deep inside she wished she could be an ordinary citizen and feel what they feel.

Y/n was pulled out of her thoughts when a hand clasped around her arm. She quickly looked to her left and saw a tall man. This man was not like anyone else, this was her bestfriend. He had curly hair, lovely eyes, and the prettiest smile ever. It was Ray.

"Sorry if I interrupted you, Miss y/l/n, but would you like to dance?".

Already y/n felt happier. Rarely any men had the confidence to ask her for a dance. Mostly because they were fearful of doing anything wrong. Father was protective of his child, so if anyone dared to do anything hurtful to y/n, it didn't end well...

Of course, she accepted the offer. The man smilled and gently grabbed her hand and giving it a kiss. Soon they were off to dance.

People watched strangely as the two's laughs filled the ballrom. After that they fled to explore the village. Ray of course, got her the most beaufiful crystal ring she has ever seen. And so they continued through the night.

It seemed the time went by to quickly. That never happened before. As y/n and Ray sat outside on the grass, she thought. Was this it? The feeling she was longing for? She turned to look at him as he tied knots on a flower crown, specifically making it for her. Y/n smiled.
It was true.

She felt loved.

And maybe, it was time for her to leave.

Surely father would allow this?

Did she really care?

The answer was no, she didn't.

And so they ran.

Leaving everything behind, except a goodbye letter to their families and bringing few items which held a special place in their heart.

But nothing could compare to their love for eachother.