Chapter 2

The holidays are finally done and my siblings are here, and yes I am the only girl out of 3 boys. My parents had 4 children. Maybe that's why they named me Sanele, they probably thought I was going to be a boy. These crazy boys are my world, they would do anything to protect me, they would rather die than see me suffer. "Sanele just promise us that you will take care of yourself during your stay here. I don't understand why you couldn't just take any job in Joburg close to us, you had to go all the way here, this is a dump of a place." Sthembiso the eldest says and my brothers all nod in agreement. "Come on guys its not that bad, I like it the air here is fresher, healthier and calming. Plus I wanted to be close to where mom grew up, so I get to know what type of woman she was and so far the people here have good things to say about her." I inform them and they seem to understand.

"We love you sis we just want you close to us so we can protect you, but its fine we respect your decision." Sandile says he is third. Simesihle nods to whatever they are saying. Simo is the quiet one. I assure them I will be fine here. My brothers cant stay in one area for a very longtime they get bored easily. So they only came here for new years and they are now going somewhere in Nelspruit to enjoy their holidays, well I am starting work tomorrow and I am nervous my first day where I will be working independently without someone looking over my shoulder every minute. I bid good bye to my lovely brothers who are so eager to be out of here. Its late already. I need to sleep so I can wake up fresh tomorrow.

My phone rings and its 'Bhuti wetekisi' we have been talking a lot in the past weeks. I learnt a lot about him, he told me he never went to university. He has been driving trucks and recently left his job because he had saved enough to buy his own taxi. He told me he owns a taxi and drives it because its much more beneficial for him to drive for himself because it brings in a lot more money than having someone drive for you. He sounds like a hard worker he owns a small car wash near the rank. He says he wants to build generational wealth for his kids and wants them to live a great life. I respect that, I like the fact that he is hardworking and that makes him much more sexier. He offered to take me to work in the morning since its my first day and the clinic is far from home. I wanted to agree but my grandfather offered to drive me there and I cant say no to my granddad.

Next day

I come out wearing my nurse uniform I look good. I feel good and I am ready to help people. "You look amazing baby, I cant believe you have grown this much." My grandma says and she is getting teary. My granddad has been looking at me smiling. I know I look exactly like my mom right now, I guess that's why they are so emotional. I woke up Ntokozo to take pictures of me, so I can send to my dad and in the family group chat to my brothers and mom. When we are done with the pictures we leave and I send to the group and my dad uses teary stickers to react to my pictures. I wonder who taught him to use stickers the man is still learning how to use emojis. My brothers compliment me on how beautiful I look. My ma also compliments me. I decide to send Fisokuhle the pictures. With the message. 'Off to save lives have a beautiful day.'

He compliments how beautiful I look. I cant stop blushing and my granddad looks at me suspiciously. Fisokuhle and I are not dating we are just friends for now that is. I have been single for a longtime maybe its about time I give this love thing a chance again. Tumelo was supposed to be my soulmate but he played with my heart he played with me, I loved that man he was my high school sweetheart we dated from grade 10 and I honestly thought he was the one being a child in love is a joke, he proposed when we left high school and we planned that he will pay lobola when he finishes university. He started cheating on me in university first year we went to the same Uni and when I would confront him about it he would tell me to f*ck off and say some hurtful things to me. I grew to hate him but I stayed in that relationship with hopes of things getting better, I he broke my virginity and I thought I loved him but the night he attempted to beat me I left him I broke things off I couldn't take it anymore.