Chapter 40.2

CHAPTER 40 Part 2

Today is the big day the oldest Mr and Mrs Sangwenis' 60th anniversary. In this anniversary they are also renewing their vows. Zenala put this together and I might hire her for my anniversary. This wasn't supposed to be a big day MaNgema wanted to invite a few of her remaining relatives and friends and the same for Mkhulu for this couple is celebrated in the area, they are loved by the community because of the role they played during apartheid, their continuous help in the community, their contributions among a lot of beautiful things they have done. So people have clearly invited themselves in and thank God Mkhulu and Bab'Sangweni insisted on slaughtering a cow and sheep.

I also didn't realize how popular this family is until today because when we got married we did everything in his fathers house, so did Zenala and Misokuhle so that side the family is not popular for good reasons because Fisos' uncle had a few loose screws on his head and made a lot of enemies in the area. So what I am seeing here makes sense why I feel welcome in the area. The event is in the yard and yards on this side of the country are huge. There is a tent here and it all looks so amazing. I look great today like a stylish Makoti in a sleaved purple haze maxi dress, that shows off a little cleavage. I am wearing a doek that matches my dress with minimal make up. I know I look good and I feel good.

maNgema looks beautiful today her make up is flawless and simple, she looks amazing, her dress gives me mother of the bride vibes it is not a white dress its grey white if that's even a color. Even her hair is flawless. Mkhulu on the other hand kept it simple a black tux. They look great. They say their vows and declare their love for each other and everyone is teary well us ladies anyway. I didn't even know they are childhood sweethearts they met when they were in primary school and they were in love ever since. That is rare, its so beautiful that they have been together through everything, they did separate but they got back together because their love for each other was much stronger than their own pride. I am glad they did because we get to celebrate their love today.

We are having supper and people are saying their speeches, most of which are boring. Zenala is seated next to me, I feel like we are the only people who are not drinking here, people are already looking wasted. Zee recently opened her own online store, and I am wearing her dress by the way. They design clothes for plussize ladies and they are perfect for married ladies, because they are modest yet a bit sexy. She and Misokuhle moved back to KZN and they already have a house and they are living in it fully. I don't know how she does it with 3 kids. Konke walks in and he is heading straight to me Zenalas' kids betrayed her none of them look like her and they are all boys, troublesome, talkative they are Misokuhle and Fisokuhle walking and Nqobakonke is Fisokuhles' replica from personality to looks.

"Mama baba wants to met you in the car he said you should hurry." Konke whispers to me. Mhh what is Fisokuhle up to now. I find him standing next to his car with his legs crossed and arms folded. Misokuhle next to him, these two are inseparable. They seem to be in a deep conversation that stops as soon as I get close. He smiles when he sees me. Misokuhle also smiles when he sees me then excuses himself. Misokuhle has matured so much since he got married he became a true family man and he is far more responsible now, which makes Zee happy and that makes me happy also because it feels like I am married to both of these men and Zee feels the same. When one of them is not okay the other one wont be fine its like that and I learnt to accept that's how things are.

"Calling me out in dark, what are you up to now?" I say. "I don't need a reason to be with my wife. " He says and smirks. He opens the door for me. "Where are we going?" I ask. "I just want some alone time with you, I missed you." He says. "Okay there is a function going on and we are just going to disappear? What will your mom and aunts say because last night they sat me down reminding me of my duties to this family. " I say. "F them, yoh hai this family and controlling our lives that's why we distanced ourselves in the first place. The event is over anyway and they wont notice we are gone, besides your parents are here to look after the kids." He says frustrated. "You didn't tell me you got in trouble yesterday, why?" He asks. Oh okay he wants us to be deep when its not that deep.