Chapter 6

3 months later.

"Mageba as I told you before please avoid my mom, and if you cross paths and she offends you don't be too offended by her, she likes no one. My grandmother on the other side is a sweetheart and I am sure she will like you." He says. We are parked in his home, its his fathers' birthday and he instructed him to invite me because he wants to meet the woman his son is spending so much time with. I am nervous, meeting his parents is something I didn't think I would be doing especially after we said we are taking things slow. I am sweating oh my God I hope they like me, that's all I am praying for. "Dali don't do that to yourself, breath, breath, my family will love you come on." I do as he says and I follow him.

His family home is beautiful, its also huge because his family is huge. He has 5 brothers and 2 sisters. Well he has 3 brothers from both his parents but the 2 brothers and 2 sisters are his uncle's kids. They took them in when his uncle passed soon after his wife passed so they are his siblings because they grew up together. He walks in me and I am met with faces similar to his. He introduces his siblings and his elders are in the living room so we are now going to met the elders. Here goes nothing.

We enter the living room and a man that looks like him drops the glass of whiskey he was holding, he was smiling before he saw me. The woman besides him is also staring at me in awe. The old couple to my right is also shocked to see me. I don't know these people but the way they are looking at me is uncomfortable. Okay I thought he said his family will like me.

"Why are they staring at me like I am a lion in a Zoo?" I whisper to him. "I have no idea." He says also confused by his family's reaction. "Fisokuhle what are you bringing to our home?" The lady in her late 50's says. That must be his mom. Oh he did say I should avoid his mom. "Why does she look like Nompilo?" The old lady says. I think that's his grandmother. Who is Nompilo? The only Nompilo I look like is my mom. Do they mean my mom? I am confused. "Fisokuhle where did you find this woman?" His father now asks. He is still staring at me in shock.

"She is my girlfriend dad the one I told you about." He replies obviously confused by the reaction of his parents. "I hear that but what's her surname where does she come from?" He asks concerned. "Oh her surname is Zulu.." There are gasps before he can finish explaining. "Mageba is your father Zakhele, Zakhele Zulu? Your mom Nompilo Ndaba?" He asks and he is very accurate. "Yes, how do you know my parents?" I ask. There are more gasps from his grandmother and mother. "Fisokuhle why would you bring Zakheles' daughter here? "He asks and that's when it hit Fisokuhle. He is now staring at me. "I am sorry Sangweni, I didn't know." He apologizes to his father. I am so confused.

"Sanele can I talk to you." He says. He leads me outside. We face the mountains and he sits on the bench there next to some tree. "What is going on Sangweni?" I ask confused. "I don't know where to start. But your dad and my dad were best friends growing up, you did say you dad is from around here. They went to school together and they were best friends. They even opened their own trucking business together. They were like brothers because they did everything together." He says okay what does that have to do with me? "Masinga let me tell it its my story." His father says from behind us.

Fisokuhle stands up leaving me with his father. He laughs and I don't know what's funny. "ancestors are something else. How else would I explain this? " He says looking at me and he smiles. "You look so much like your mother, its like I am sitting right next to her. I loved that woman, I loved her with everything in me, she is also the reason why I don't really trust women. " He says. I stare at him because I don't know where this is going.

"She birthed herself clearly and she sent you here to fix what she did wrong. Your mom was a teacher she was new at that school just before the store. She had the most beautiful smile, her smile would light up my world. I dated her for almost a year, I paid lobola to her family and we were preparing to get married when she told me she was pregnant and the baby is not mine." He says and he said the last part like it still pains him. "She told me the baby was Zakheles' and they were seeing each other behind my back for months. That they are planning on raising the child together. " He says.

I honestly don't know what to say. "I was hurt, I couldn't even do anything to her because well I loved your mother and I was ready to forgive her but my brother was not happy. He thought he would avenge me and he shot your mom, I agree my brother was crazy but to him that was his way of showing me he loves me I guess. Your mom survived but her baby didn't she had lost a lot of blood. After that we took everything your father owned. He won the girl which is your mom but he lost everything. Your father was never violent, but he still took the love of my life from me, I know he hates us for killing his child. There was never any good blood between us after that." He says. Wow I am lost for words.

"Its funny that one of my sons falls in love with someone that looks exactly like the person I loved, the person whose family hates us its strange." He says. I dont know really.  "What does this mean? I love Fisokuhle and he loves me. Do we have to choose between our families now?" I ask. "I honestly don't know. Your father wont like this one bit, what happens when you fall pregnant? Or my son decides he wants to marry you? Your father wont like this he won't agree we killed his child. " He says and he is right my dad wont like this. One thing I know I am not ending things between Fisokuhle and I. I am willing to fight my family for this, I am willing to fight for our love I just hope he feels the same.