Chapter 8

Its been a month since I found out I am pregnant and I guess my body is aware that I am pregnant now because everything has become harder to do and my tummy is too visible that I can't even hide it, and I get tired easily. My grandparents and , parents are disappointed. I feel like everyone is disappointed.  They had expectations for me to be married first before making babies. My dad has been on my case with knowing the father of my child. He wants to make the person who did this to me to pay. I am back at work and wow I never realized that work was this much. I get tired quickly now. I prefer being in the consultation rooms the work there is done while one is sitting. I am going to go on my leave soon so I can go live with my parents, I don't want to bother my grandparents with this pregnancy.

"Whats bothering you? Don't you dare lie to me. You are not happy with the pregnancy are you?" Fisokuhle asks. "I am happy with the pregnancy, its just draining and I am always tired." I say. He studies my face. "I think its about time you stop lying me, you don't know how to lie so stop it, what is worrying you?" He asks and he sits right in front of me. "Nothing so stop questioning me." I snap. "Okay. Well we will sit here till you tell me whats bothering you. You cant keep lying to me did you not want this baby?" He asks. "I said leave me alone." I raise my voice a bit, I don't know if its my hormones or the fact that Fisokuhle is very persistent that's annoying me. "I wont unless you tell me what the f*ck is wrong with you." He snaps. I am boiling with anger, he snaps at me instead of him begging me talk. "Shut the f*ck up, I don't think this baby is yours!" I snap now upset and I, I just realized I talked.

He looks at me stunned, angry, betrayed. He calms himself while staring at me. "Get dressed I am taking you home." He says calmly. "You don't want to hear why I am saying so?" I ask. "I don't give a f*ck what you have to say Sanele Zulu." He says. When he says my name in full I know he means what he is saying. "I am sorry." I apologize. "I said get dressed." He says completely ignoring my apologies. I get dressed and wait for him in his car. He drives me home and the ride is quiet he keeps staring at me strangely. He parks near home. "So that's it?" I ask. "Sanele please don't waste my time, get out." He says. Yep He is angry and I don't know how to fix this. I don't move. He stares at me. He takes a deep breath.

"Sanele get out of my car. I don't want to fight you or anything just leave and do it peacefully." He says. Fine I will give him space. I get out the car and he looks at me once more. He drives. I walk home I don't want to be crying on the road, I am holding everything in. I get home and both my grandparents are home they are watching TV my cousin is cooking. I greet and my cousin is staring at me she notices something is wrong. She walks with me to the bedroom. "What's up?" She asks me. "I think its over, he kicked me out of his house. He knows." I say with tears filling my eyes. She just comforts me, nothing is coming from her mouth to make me feel better she is just comforting me and honestly that's exactly what I need right now. I cry till I fell asleep.

1 week later

I haven't spoken to Fisokuhle ever since my confession. He has ignored me every chance he got. He left, I went to his house a few days ago and he wasn't home. His car wasn't there meaning he was not home I have keys to his house I waited and he never came home for the past week. So I guess he went home or something. I have been packing my clothes I decided to take an early leave, so I am going to Joburg today. My phone rings. I check the caller ID its him, I don't know why but I am sweating. I even check my self in the mirror if I look okay. "Hello." I answer. "Sanele I am at the store." He says. He wants me to come see him, where he usually picks me up. "I am packing my clothes I am supposed to be going to Joburg in an hour I don't know if I can come." I say. "Okay then meet me at my house bring your things I will take you to Joburg." He says and hangs up. Wow okay this should be interesting, he is not begging me he is telling me.

I finish up packing and I bath and I bid my goodbye to my family. I drive to Fisokuhles' house. I don't know why he summoned me to his house. I get there and I park in the yard. I get out I leave my bags in my car. I knock, he opens and he looks good, and less tense. I guess he has calmed down. He lets me in without a word. I sit in his couch, staring at him. He offers me juice and food. I am hungry but I ate which is strange. He brings me the food and juice. I am done feasting to the food he prepared. "Why did you call me here?" I ask. "I want us to do a paternity test." He says looking into my eyes. "We will do it in Joburg since you are already on your way there." He says. "I am okay with that." I say. There is something else, he is still staring at me like he has questions for me.

"Did you ever cheat on me?" He asks. "No I never cheated on you, this happened that time when we broke up, just before we got back together." I say. He is studying me for any lies. He is staring at me still, its scaring me. "Is your Sotho boyfriend the other guy?" He asks. "He is not my boyfriend, he was my boyfriend. Yes he is the other guy." I reply. He takes a deep breath. He looks a bit more relieved. "How long did you plan to keep this a secret? Where you ever going to tell me that this might not be my baby?" He questions. "I don't know. I didn't know how to deal with this. " I say. "Okay I believe you and I forgave you. I just don't know if I can trust you again." He says. I have no words.

"We will go to Joburg in the morning right now I miss you." He says and he kisses me. Oh God I missed him also. "I love you Sangweni and I am sorry I lied to you." I say as he kisses me. "That better be the last time you lie to me. I hate lies and I cant stand liars." He says and he continues to kiss me. He makes love to me like the first time we did it. We lay on the bed with me in his arms. "I love you MaZulu but stop it with the lies, I won't be forgiving next time. " He says. "MaNgema, my grandmother says you are carrying twins." He says. I laugh at him. "No ways I went to the doctor he said I am carrying one baby. So your grandmother is mistaken." I say. He smiles. "My grandmother is never wrong, so we will see." He says he is confident wow.  Damn what did I do to deserve this man. He loves me wholeheartedly, he loves me with my faults, he is patient with me. I love that about him.