Chapter 22

We are back in his fathers home, so they can talk to their dad and the whole family is here. Which is why I am tagging along. I wish Zee was here I am now so used to her company, but the other Makotis' will be here its just that I am not used to them. Actually now that I think about it, Fiso and Miso have never fully been part of this family. Their mom never really liked them only their grandparents loved them like they were part of the family, they were raised by their grandparents. Its always been just the two of them, even when one has a problem they talk amongst themselves and resolve it on their own. Like they are doing now their father is not really interested whatever they are going through.

I just hope today he grows up and realizes that this is not just about him its about his children. I respected Mr. Sangweni before my husband told me their stories growing up. From what I gathered he likes his first born Siyanda and his brothers kids more than he likes his own kids, he was always in his brothers' shadow. The stories my husband told me about his parents make question why did he take them from their maternal home in the first place. They never felt like part of the family for a long time especially after their uncle died.

My heart broke when I heard the real reason why they never went to university. Their parents just told them they can't afford to take them to university, because they had to educate their uncles' kids the four kids and 2 of them were in varsity at the time they were supposed to be starting with university so their parents said they used that money for those who were in university and they couldn't take 4 kids to university only for them to later discover that their uncle had education policies for his kids and their parents didn't take a cent out of their pockets to educate them.

I don't know why they did what they did but I feel like they deprived Fiso and Miso life opportunities only for them to even exclude them in the family business and the only positions they could fill would be to be drivers and they didn't mind that for a while because they weren't educated. Siyanda is the only person they sent to varsity with their money because he is the first born in his family and he is the favorite child. This is one of the reasons why Fiso and Miso decided to do their own thing, and I have a feeling today will be a horrible day, but I am here to support my husband. Thinking about all this makes me angry, but I am glad they have each other.

I am in the kitchen cooking with the help of his sisters and fellow sister wives. "MaZulu how is married life?" Nonjabulo asks. "Its been great, well except for the few issues appearing now other than that its all great." I say. "Sanele can you please come here." My husband says. I follow him. We enter the lounge where his brothers, parents and grandparents are sitting. I sit in between him and Misokuhle. "Makoti are you aware that your arrival here has caused nothing but chaos here? You have been the center of everything that is happening. From the day you set foot here its been trouble after another. I don't know but I feel like you are more of a curse her than a blessing." Bhekizwe says. 

WTF did Fisokuhle call me here to be insulted by his father. I look at him to intervene but he is in a state of shock. "This is the reason why I didn't want my son to marry you are bad luck and..." He says about to continue but Fisokuhle quickly intervenes. "Bullsh*t! Leave my wife out of this. You don't want to admit Bhekizwe you are the problem here. Leave my wife out of this. Yes you never liked her, but there is no reason to insult her like this." He says man he is angry.

"Bheki you can f*ck off for all I care, you never loved us you always hid behind moms' skirts for why you never did things for us. Babomkhulu did everything for us, yes he was a hot head but at least he loved us. When he died your parents tried to fill the void he left but you. You never treated us like your sons. We know that babomkhulu had education policies for his kids and you lied and said you were educating his kids you just didn't want to see us educated I don't know your reasons for hating us. We are your blood also, in case you forgot." He says all these things shocking his brothers he is on the verge of tears. Fisokuhle stands up first and I stand with him and Misokuhle stands also. "F*ck you Bheki, and this is the last time you ever get to see us." Misokuhle says and he leaves me and Fiso standing there. "He is right consider this the last time you ever get to see us." Fiso says and he also storms out I follow him.

"Pack our things we are leaving. I am going to find Misokuhle." He says. I do as my husband says. I don't know why but what his dad said about me being the center of everything bad that happens in this family doesn't sit well with me. He is right to a certain extent. I am the reason why the familys' secrets are uncovered. I am the reason why they had to go back to find his moms' family. I don't know man maybe I am a curse in Fisokuhles' life. I cant help but wonder how his life would be like if he hadn't met me.