Chapter 35

I just arrived in my house and the house is awfully quiet. I am confused because its still early, my kids don't sleep before 8pm. I know they are home I saw Fisokuhles car outside so I know he is home. Shame it seems my husband has been having a hard time here, the house is a mess. Argh this is what I miss about being here the mess the noise, cooking and cleaning for my clan. I love my little family more than anything. I walk around looking for my clan and I find them sleeping in the master bedroom and there is a baby next to Fisokuhle this must be Zamangwane I have never seen her and this is my first time seeing her, she is cute. Let me not disturb them let me just clean up and maybe I can cook.

I start with cleaning up in the kitchen and living room, I am tired but I cant stay in a filthy house. I put everything in its rightful area and I am surprised dishes and pots are clean. Okay let me prepare to cook and wow what did Fisokuhle feed my kids with while I was gone because there is nothing in this fridge only mince, well I guess pasta and mince it is my least favorite food, but at least its easy to make. I start preparing supper while cleaning up in the living room and kitchen. Within an hour I am done with both cleaning up the living spaces and cooking. This is one my superpowers, let me clean the boys room because I am 100% sure that its messy.

Okay I am done with everything and I am surprised they haven't woken up even the infant is not awake. I will be bored if they don't wake up anytime soon. I head straight to the shower and just then the infant cries. I expect Fisokuhle to wake up but the baby cries loudly I leave the shower and I take the baby and I guess she is not breast fed because I saw her formula in the kitchen. I mix the formula for her and she is quiet while in my arms and I am pleased with myself I still got it being a mother to such a young innocent soul is all sorts of amazing nothing compares to seeing your child smile because you said something to them. The milk is ready for her now and this child looks like Fisokuhles' biological mom, she has these angelic eyes. She looks like she has had enough of the bottle of milk I am feeding her. She is staring at me like she is studying me, I smile at her and she smiles also, oh my God my heart I know I want another baby and Fisokuhle is going to give me one. I cant stop staring at this little cutie I am in love.

*Bang!* Something sounds like is exploding in the fridge. The sound is scary and loud that it startled me I just know that means they put something they weren't supposed to put in the freezer. Somethings will never change. The baby isn't even startled, that's weird she is supposed to jump or something but she is in the same state as before, its almost like she didn't hear a thing. That's concerning. Fisokuhle walks in the kitchen and his eyes land on the baby in my hands he looks relieved then it registers that I am here and he is happy to see me but doesn't whether to hug me or not. I smile at him to let him know I am happy to see him.

"Are you going to stand there and not come to kiss your wife?" I say. He walks towards us. " I see you have met Zamangwane, he says as he walks close to us and he places a kiss on my cheek damn, that is awkward. He looks around the house. "You cleaned and cooked? What time did you arrive?" He asks. " 3 hours or so. Why are you sleeping so early?" I ask. "Because this princess doesn't stop crying at night. You see she is awake now she wont sleep till tomorrow at 6am." He says and he looks tired. "I am surprised she is not crying because if anyone picks her up she cries especially if she is not familiar with you." He says and things are awkward between us wow, there is distance between us.

"So how you been? How do you feel now?" He asks, its like he is a former classmate or friend I haven't spoken to in years. "I have been good, I feel a lot better than I was before. Are you hungry?" I answer him and I hand him the baby so I can dish up for him. Zamangwane starts crying as soon as I place her in Fisokuhles' hands. I take her back and she stops. "I think my baby hates me, and don't worry I will dish up for myself. " He says. "Mama." The twins say simultaneously as they run towards me. They hug me side by side. "Mama I missed you." Siko says. I always thought Luhle is the mommas' boy but Siko was crying every time I called begging me to come home.