Chapter 25

5 years later

The past few years have been great, life has been what I have always wanted from the beginning. The relationship between us has grown and I guess his ancestors are finally at peace. Today its' the twins first day of school, I am surprised by how fast time goes, my babies will be doing grade one. I am nervous as if its my first day of school. Fisokuhle is busy taking pictures of the twins and they are so excited, its always so great seeing my boys this happy. I was a stay at home mom and now that they are going to school I will be working at a hospital since we moved to the farm and its closer to the school where we enrolled the twins. Fisokuhle is now a businessman, him and Misokuhle have started a construction company, which is doing well I am super proud of them.

"Nkosikazi lets go otherwise they will be late for their first day. " He says. I was waiting for them, and now it looks like its my fault. I take their bags including my husbands' bag from the counter. I really enjoy this family thing I wanted a big family but God really doesn't want one for me. Fisokuhle refused that we try for another baby he told me there is no way we are going through this again. I am ready to try again for the last time I really want another child. Fisokuhle keeps saying that he is fine with the kids he has and that I have given him more than he could ever ask for and that we don't need to try again, but I know he wants more kids just like I also want more kids.

"MaZulu what are you thinking about? " He asks looking at me. "Nothing really just how much the twins have grown, I cant believe its their first day of school." I say lying through my teeth. He looks at me like he suspects something he looks at the rear view I guess he is looking at the twins, then back at me. "We will talk about this later." He says. I look at the twins and they are staring at us quietly. Okay the twins are too observant for their age, they are too smart and too naughty, Siko scares me the way his actions resemble Misokuhle it scares me and they get along too well and Fiso always told me that Siko is exactly like Misokuhle and Luhle is the brains behind everything going wrong, his personality resembles Fiso and I, but mostly Fisokuhles'.

"MaZulu when are we getting a sibling?" Sikolethu asks. He likes copying his father, that's why he is saying MaZulu right now mxm. Fisokuhle looks at me smiling like he wants to laugh and I don't see anything funny here, Siko likes to act grown for no reason. I look at my husband to intervene. "Mama look we are now going to school you will be bored without us." Luhle says. "We don't have money to buy another baby."I answer because my husband is not helping me out on this. "Who said you buy babies?" Luhle asks and wow this is rather shocking what's that supposed to mean? I look at Fiso to intervene. "What do you mean luhluthando?" He asks. "Come on dad we know you kissed moms' tummy for us to be here." Sikolethu says like its obvious we both sigh in relief we want to laugh who told him that?

"And how do you know that Lethu?" He asks. "Baba told us." They both say. Misokuhle told them and I wonder what led to that conversation. "He told us when we went to visit Konke." Siko answers us. Nqobakonke is Misokuhle and Zenalas' four year old son. He is no different from the twins. He looks like them except he has his moms eyes, he is such a happy and beautiful child and Misokuhle finally married Zee 2 years back. She was so happy when they got married, she finally got the ring and her patience paid off. She is expecting another child, I am so glad things are finally happening for her and that have me hope that maybe just maybe if we can try again my baby will live I mean they fixed everything so what could go wrong?

He parks next to the school and we walk the twins to their designated class. "MaZulu and Baba we are fine you don't need to walk us to class we are old, we are 6. We will find our way to class stop embarrassing us." Sikolethu says. Hai I don't know anymore. "I want to know your teacher." I say. They now stare at their father to intervene. "MaZulu its fine let us let them be." He says. "MaZulu listen to your husband." Luhle says. Damn my sons are betraying me. Fisokuhle stares at them as a warning because of the tone they are using. I am feeling emotional, my kids are grown. I want to bend down and kiss their cheeks but that would embarrass them, they warned me about that and its part of the rules they have that I should never kiss them in front of their peers. How is that embarrassing?

We walk back to the car, well Fisokuhle doesn't let me drive anymore especially long distances or if I drive he must be around. I miss driving myself to anywhere alone, he says he is afraid of losing me in a car crash because he almost did lose me, he lost his fiancé before me in a car crash. "Do you want to talk about what's bothering you? " He asks. "I want us to try again." I say. "I thought we had this discussion before. I don't us to try again. Trying almost killed you, you were depressed for months, I didn't know to help you during that time. You cant go through that again, we cant go through that again. The twins are enough." He says. "I know you want more kids, so lets try again please nothing will go wrong this time." I say. "Yes I do want more kids but not at your expense. No we are not trying again that's final." He says dismissing me.

There is a car on the side of the road its stuck, there is a child right next to the car child must be the twins age she is wearing a uniform that looks exactly like the twins. The father is looking at the front of the car as if he is fixing something. "Sangweni can you please stop the car, there is a child there and she may miss her first day of schooling. " I say. He parks next to the side of the road and we walk towards the man and child. The man holds his child right next to him and stares at us. For some weird reason I feel like I know this man, I have seen him before his eyes are too familiar but I cant say where I know him. "Can we help you?" He asks. My eyes wonder off to the girl next to him. I cant believe my eyes she looks like me in one of my childhood photos. Argh people look alike it happens.

"Do you need help?" I ask. "No we are fine, thank you." He says. I look at Fisokuhle and he is shocked I guess by the resemblance of this man. "Let us help you get your child to school." I say. The man looks like he is thinking long and hard about this. He looks at the beautiful little lady next to him. He finally agrees and locks his car and walks with us to the car. We drive back to the school, and I cant help but stare of the man from the rear mirror. He looks like my brothers how weird is that? The fact that his daughter scares me. "I don't think I have introduced myself. I am Sanele, Sanele Sangweni and this is my husband Fisokuhle Sangweni." I say turning to look at the man. "Oh I am Lwandle, Lwandle Ngwenya, and this is my daughter Philasande." He says and smiles at me.

"Thank you again for doing this." He says. "No problem." I say and I look back in front and we arrive at the school and he gets out and there are still kids here, who are playing around. They are still sorting out classes. "Sanele the man looks like your father did you notice and that little girl is the spitting image of you." Fisokuhle says. "I know right its scary." I say. "Yes it is." He says like he is still thinking of the freaky phenome that just occurred. "Don't you think we should wait for him so we can ask him about his origin." He says. "I was thinking of the same thing." I say and he comes back he is speaking on his phone. He sees our car and walks back to us. "You don't have to wait for me, someone will pick me up in an hour. I don't want to bother you" Lwandle says he has a stutter. "Nonsense, you are not bothering us. We are happy to help." I say and he looks at Fisokuhle then he agrees and gets in the car.

There is something about this stranger, I feel like I know him I feel like I have know him and I am eager to learn more about him. I don't know to describe this feeling but I know this man, I have seen him before. I have this strong feeling I haven't felt in a long time as he is around. I don't know what this is but I need to find out what is going on, why this man looks like my brothers, why does his daughter look like me.