Chapter 33

Chapter 32 Continuation

3 weeks later

I am in Fisokuhles home because apparently we should have been included in the family ritual that was done 3 weeks back, so now we have to be there complete the whole ritual and we must get some cleansing as the family and especially me and Zenala because we have lost a lot of babies so we need to be purified and all that. I am tired honestly if its not ancestors making us pay for our parents sins they let bad things happen. "Mageba, I know you are not happy to be here but please lets do this for the sake of peace." Fisokuhle says. "Peace? My honest opinion here is I don't think we will ever find peace, I am tired Fisokuhle. I am tired of going back and forth without solutions how long have we been doing these rituals how many truths have we uncovered? Nothing will ever be alright I think we have suffered enough don't you think?" I ask. He looks at me.

He takes my hands and places them in his. "Mageba I know all this is tiring and I get it you are tired so am I, but we have to do this so that none of our kids would have to suffer because if we don't fix it Luhle, Siko , Konke and Ntando would have to pay for this they will have to suffer because we didn't do anything about this." He says. "I know I am just tired. " I say. He looks at me like he is staring into my soul I look down I cant face him, I have been avoiding looking at him in the eye because what happened that day still haunts me, the doctors body was found in his car in some dodgy area and the police are investigating his murder I am afraid what would happen should the truth come out, Lwandle was defending me and I helped him in hiding the body, I helped him carry the body to the car I was an accomplice in the murder.

"Look at me." Fisokuhle says while still searching for my eyes. "I know you are hiding something from me. You don't sleep at night you keep crying in the middle of the night that he should leave you alone. You always fighting in your dream and you always have tears in your eyes when I wake up and see you, you don't eat anymore. What happened while I was away?" He asks. I am not going to answer I made a promise to Lwandle never to say anything. Lwandle is my twin as we suspected and DNA revealed that. "I asked a question what's wrong?" He asks. "I am okay I am fine Fisokuhle." I reply. Someone knocks on the door. "Mchunu is here." That's Siyanda, Fisokuhles' older brother the favorite child.

"We are on our way. We are not done with this." Fisokuhle says. He stands up and takes the jacket I placed on top of the bed. I stand and I check myself in the mirror I look okay. Fiso and I walk out the room and we join the rest of his family in the Rondavel the twins are here also. They wave when they see me I fake smile. I haven't smiled in a while or even laughed. I am just bitter and sad almost all the time, I get irritated easily. I sit where all the ladies are sitting. Zenala smiles at me when I sit next to her. The seer they called is seated with Bab'Sangweni, but he is staring at me and he hasn't taken his eyes off me.

The seer starts telling them things he is seeing and assuring them that this is the last step for everything, then we will live happily ever after because they have uncovered the last bits of things the family has neglected in the past, so now life should be easier. He starts burning his incense and he starts consulting again. I don't know why but he keeps staring at me that scares me. He then moves to the ladies side and he passes each and everyone of us. He passes me then he reverses and stops at me. "You need to get rid of the person following you. You need to rid yourself of this spirit and burden on your shoulders. You are carrying so much burden that you are making it hard for me to work here. " He says looking at me dead in the eyes.

He moves back to where he was sitting. Now eyes are on me. I hear Fisos' mom talking. "I did say something is wrong with this girl. Look now she is disturbing the rest of us." She says. MaNgema stops her. This lady was nice to me when she came to apologize but it didn't last long because after that she was back to being mean. Fisokuhle is staring at me, wondering what is this about. I could say I am confused by what was said but I am not. The man comes back and he knees before me. "Mageba you need to heal, you need to heal. They acknowledge what happened was mistake and it was never your intention they know that you were protecting yourself. You and your half need to get cleansed. You need to let go of everything you are holding onto. You need to let it go. Just let it go and heal." He says. I want to stand up and leave I cant stand this.