Chapter 15

I have been in Fisokuhles' home for the past two weeks. I have to perform my wifey duties and I am tired of his mother. This woman has been on my case, she made me clean all the corners of her house, she made me clean even rooms where no one really sleeps in rooms she herself doesn't even clean. She wakes me up at 4 am, 4am and makes me do all the house chores with her watching whether I am cleaning properly and she sends me back because I didn't do it well, mxm. She doesn't even help with the twins and she shouts at me for spending too much time with them when I feed them and have to change their nappies that sort of thing but she shouts at me. I am glad this is the last day I ever have to do this unless there is a ceremony or something.

"Sthandwa how was your two weeks and be honest with me. I know my mom she is extreme. " He asks. He just arrived and I just finished cooking. He hasn't been here he was doing business back in Joburg while I had to face his mother. "You know exactly how my week was, I have had enough. I cant wait till we go home and I sleep in my own bed." I say. I don't want to bad mouth his mother. One the advices I received was never ever talk bad about your mother in law because the woman gave birth to your husband obviously your husband loves his mom. So I am not going to complain like a school girl.

"Mkami lets' take a walk." He says. I follow him, he probably wants to talk to me. We walk out the yard and he tells me his childhood stories and he shows me places where he used to play as a kid. We walk till we get to a river and he instructs me to sit with him. I join him and he continues telling me his naughty boy stories.

"You dragged me all the way here to tell me about your childhood stories?" I ask. "No not really I just wanted you to get some fresh air from the house, I know this has been a long 2 weeks and it wasn't easy.' He says. "You are right it wasn't easy." I say. "I am sorry, you had to go through that." He says kissing me. His presence makes everything better.

"You have a dark cloud hanging over your head, be careful you have been warned before and you continue to ignore the warnings. Fix the mistakes of the past protect your wife, and your children. Your wife is living on borrowed time, she will die if you don't do anything. Her fate is already written. If you don't break the curse your wife will suffer the same consequences as your birth mother. She will suffer the same fate as the one before her. You will lose her if you don't do anything." This old woman comes up to us.

I have heard this before, and the last one was correct when he told me about twins, and me not carrying full term. This is the second time this happens. Fisokuhle is confused. The lady is talking to him. He looks at me and she also looks at me. "You know you have been told this before, and your time is running out. You are carrying another set and you may not make it this time around. They may decide to take you or they may take them either way your time is limited." She says looking at me.

Okay now all this is scaring me, the old man told me I have limited time if my husband doesn't fix things, didn't he unite our families? He married me and did everything as it was supposed to be, now what? The lady then leaves us shocked. "What was that?" He says still trying to process what was said. "Its not the first time I am hearing this." I say and he looks at me now confused.

"What do you mean?" He asks. "Months before the twins were born an old man came to and told me the same thing, he kept repeating I have limited time and that I wont carry full term. Which happened the twins were born way before time." I say and I see worry on his face, but he quickly wears a face that hides his emotions so well. "I don't think you should mind these people. Lets go home so we can prepare to go home." He says. The walk back to his parents house is now silent.

I am worried, I am carrying another set? Does she mean I am pregnant? Will I die giving birth? What is this fate his birth mother suffered that I will suffer? There is nothing wrong with his mother why would I suffer the same fate as her? None of this makes sense, nothing makes sense. I hope Fisokuhle finds out what curse is this that's hanging over my head? And why me?