Chapter 11

I am at the gate at home and I am 100% sure they are waiting for me. Its really late, and I am going to have to account for my actions. God be with me. Fiso just dropped me off at home and well here goes nothing. I walk in the house and just as I guessed my parents are watching the TV and it's the news playing. I greet and they don't greet back, whoa they are mad. Let me go place my plastics in my room and wait for mom to call me because that's where this is going them being quiet leads to them calling me. I change into my new comfortable clothing, I smell like Fisokuhle I need to shower because this will be an issue that I smell like a man. Ahh I am late I wont even shower my mom is looking at me she is standing on my door with her hands on her hips.

Yah no I am in trouble. "Mhhh you don't stop disappointing me, you left to be with a man the whole night and day. The man hasn't even paid lobola for you and you already sleeping over. You need to remember that you are still a child here, if you want to be an adult move into your own house I hope this is the last we speak of this." She says Yep she is disappointed. "I am sorry ma." I say. Yah I really need to get my own place soon. "Whatever, your father wants to speak to you." She says. Okay here goes nothing, I follow her. My dad turns off the TV as soon as we enter, its about to get serious.

I sit across from them. "Mageba are you ready to tell us about the father of your child so we can go and report to the boys' family so they can pay for what their son has done to you." My dad says. Okay my dad is disappointed he doesn't even want to talk about my behavior. "His name is Fisokuhle Sangweni, you met him the other day." I say, "I hear that but where are his origins where does he come from?" He asks. "He is from Jozini." I say and my dad gasps. "Where we are from? Is that where you met him?" He asks, he is now a bit anxious to hear my response. "I didn't meet him there but yes he is from where we are from." I answer. He seems to process all that I am saying.

"By Sangweni you mean to tell me he is Bhekizwe Sangwenis' son?" He asks. I take a deep breath. "Yes he is." I answer. He closes his eyes in disbelief. "I hoped that people just look the same, I hoped that boy wasn't Bhekis' son, he sounds like him and looks like him I should have known." He says. "Do you know what the Sangwenis did to your mother? To me? Do you have any idea what they did to us?" He asks. Should I lie and say I don't know? Let me be honest because even if I lie the truth will suffice at the end. "Yes I know but by then it was already too late I was pregnant. I have been there and BabSangweni told me." I say. My dad just went from shock and blaming himself to being angry. "You went to his home? You went there? When you found out what they did to us you stayed with that monsters' son?" He says angrily.

"You were fine sleeping with my enemy? You are fine with carrying that monsters' grand children after you heard what they did to your mother? You let the monster into my house, you watched him come here into my house and disrespect me and you went to his house and slept with him freely knowing what his father stole from me. His father killed my child. You are fine with that?" He asks. "But I didn't know your history with the Sangwenis'. I didn't know and when I found out it was too late the kids are here and I love him dad, I love him." I say. "Pack your things and leave my house you disgust me. You disrespect your mothers memory like that? You sleep with the enemy without guilt, you even want to bear children for my enemies. Gladly leave my house because you have chosen who you stand with, and the Sangwenis' can have you. You are no longer my daughter." He says and that hit hard I felt a stabbing pain to my heart. My dad is disowning me, he is kicking me out. "Dad I am sorry, I didn't know." I apologize. He stands up. "When I come back here I better find your things gone." He says. I look at mom to intervene and she says nothing, she follows my dad. Wow just wow.

I take my phone and I call Fisokuhles' phone he answers on the first ring. "Miss me already?" He says I can tell he is smiling on the other hand of the call. "Please come and pick me up now. I will explain later." I say crying and I hang up. Fine my dad can be like this, he is the one that kicked me out he didn't want to hear me. Its not like I went and chose Fisokuhle because he is a Sangweni. I love Fisokuhle and my dad doesn't understand that. Love is love at the end of the day. I pack a few of my clothes that still fit me I take my important documents and I take the clothes I had bought today including the kids clothes. My phone rings its him. "I am outside." That's all he says and that's all he says. I walk out he comes out the car to help me with my bags.

I get in the car and he doesn't ask me anything. He doesn't say anything, and I like that I don't want to talk. I like that he can read the room. We get to Siyandas' house and Misokuhle is still there. We walk in he looks at us and I guess he can something is up. We don't say a thing to him we just walk to the room we were sleeping in. He goes to the bathroom and I hear water running. He comes back and he sits next to me. "What's up? Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I shake my head no and the water works start falling. I am now crying, fully crying. He holds me and I needed that. He holds me tight, I let it all out. My dad kicked me out, he doesn't see me as his daughter, I am no longer his golden child. Fisokuhle lets me go.

"I have run a warm bath for you maybe if you go there you will feel batter I will be here waiting for you when you come back." He says. I go to the bathroom and take off my clothes and I get in the water, the water is warm and as soon as it touches my skin I feel myself relaxing. I feel shoulders let go and every other part of me lets go. I cry some more. If I wasn't pregnant I would be drinking wine. I just want this heaviness on my chest to go away, I just want t be numb from all this. I get why my dad is mad but I just hope he comes around because there is no way I am leaving Fisokuhle I love him like I love no other man.

I feel better now I get out the water and I look at myself in the mirror. I really do look like my mother, and I wonder if she was still alive would I be here with Fisokuhle? Would she stand up for me, would she convince my dad to let the past be the past. In different universe Fisokuhle and I would be siblings, but here we are stuck between our families. My dad doesn't want me because I chose the father of my unborn kids. He hates the family his grandkids come from, he surely will hate my children if they come out looking anything like their father. Will he forgive me and forgive the Sangwenis' will we ever make peace will he love my kids like he loves all his grandkids.

I come out the bathroom he is sleeping on the bed. Shame my love he waited till he got tired and he slept. I close the bathroom door he wakes up he looks around till his eyes land on. He stares at me and I smile at him. I sit next to him. "My dad knows who you are, he is not happy he kicked me out and he told me I am no longer his daughter. He is angry at me because I basically chose you." I say. "He will come around, don't worry just focus on the twins and everything will be fine. I promise you, I will do right by you, I will make sure our kids grow up to have both families united." He says. He is saying this to make me feel better. There is nothing we can do here we can just wait till our parents see that these grudges they are holding are not worth it, there are now kids involved. Nompilo (my mom) is the source for all this. I never knew her  and now I am suffering because of her sins, why? Why am being punished for her doings?