Chapter 40.1

CHAPTER 40 PART 1

Tommorrow is Fisokuhle's' grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. They want to celebrate their anniversary in style and we have been running around for the whole week to make this happen and MaNgema is very specific about what she wants and what she doesn't want to happen on her day. They look younger than their actual age, one would assume they are in their late 60's and that's' not the case. Mkhulu Sangweni is in his early 80's and MaNgema in her late 70's. I cant wait to see MaNgema tomorrow, Zee is the one in charge of the looks she will be wearing and all that. MaNgema and Mkhulu had 4 kids of which 3 are dead today and they are still together. They have seen each other at their worst and they have seen each other at their best.

They have 7grandchildren, and tons of great grandchildren. They have been so blessed to see their great grandchildren, not a lot of people have that privilege. I wish that for myself and Fisokuhle, I want us to grow old together and get to see our children graduate, buy their first homes, cars, have kids, get married, to see their kids get married. Today has been a long day and being a Makoti is not so glamourous, everyone expects something from you, you are expected to know where everything is when guests ask for things from you. I am tired, they will have to forgive me my feet are swollen I have been baking since the week started, cooking, clearing up going to town and repeat. Being the Makoti who knows how to play around with dough is sh*tty.

So my husband is a sweet heart when he wants to, he saved me from his aunts and mother who were over working us. We are sitting under a tree and there is a beautiful view here, this place is hidden one would assume it doesn't exist because there are rocks that hide the spot. Fisokuhle says this is where he and Misokuhle would hide to smoke as teenagers and their uncle found them here one time he beat them that they never ever smoked again because of the beatings they received. They swore never to smoke again and till today I have never seen him smoke not even weed.

"Argh I am out of beer, let me get some I will be back. What should I get you and don't tell me juice is fine?" He says. I have this thing I don't drink whenever his family is around. I don't want them to say I am drunkard and my mom always advised against it and I am not going to start today. Plus I am still breastfeeding. "You are tempting me but I will pass on the alcohol, just a cold coke will do." I say. He smiles then leaves. Let me take a few pictures of this beautiful scenery and a few selfies wont hurt.

"Its beautiful out here right?" A man's voice from behind the rocks says he probably isn't talking to me, I look back at my phone and the pictures I took are fire. Let me send them to my husband, well he is my storage. Sending pictures to him saves me a lot of space on mine since he doesn't take pictures. "MaZulu I am going to assume you didn't hear me, I hate to think you are rude." The voice says and I put a face to the voice and its Mchunu that healer who almost exposed my secrets in front of the whole family. "Oh I am sorry Macingwane I thought you were talking to someone else." I say honestly. He smiles.

"No problem, I saw your husband leave here and I assumed he was here with you because everyone is looking for you at the house and I think there is a little girl crying that they cant seem to calm." He says laughing. "You are running away from your duties I see." He says and I laugh. "They are tiring, I have been on my feet the whole day I am tired, and Luseluhle will be fine Fisokuhle will come back with her" I say. "I can imagine. I just wanted to congratulate you on your beautiful baby girl. I am glad you finally got rid of that presence, and everything else you were holding onto. I never got the chance to talk to you after the cleansing, you marrying into this family was no coincidence. Your union with Fisokuhle has brought peace between your family and the Sangwenis', it also brought peace between the Majolas' and Sangwenis'. These families have been in silent wars for years, because of what both your parents did to each other. " He says and I am listening attentively.