Chapter 13

My babies are turning 3 months today, I am always exhausted and I do wish my mom was here to help me out, but she choose to side with dad. I know she wants to come and be there for me, I saw her at Ntokozos' wedding a month ago. My dad gave me a cold shoulder like we don't know each other. I saw the way mom was looking at us that she wanted to come over and see the kids. My brothers have been supportive they have been to see me after I gave birth and they visit whenever they are free and Ntokozo well she was helping me out the first month after birth, I am grateful to her because the first month was tough I was just tired I wanted nothing to do with them, her being there was great.

Fisokuhle is like me we are both clueless with raising babies and well his mom refused to help us out because she 'hates' kids. Fisokuhles' mother has issues she literally likes no one, she doesn't even like her kids she only likes her husband. Fisokuhle and his siblings were basically raised by their grandmother. I wonder how his childhood was like, looking at the way his mother is. So Fisokuhle we are on our own, and its not easy I wont lie there was a time where the kids were sick and it was just the two of us, and when they cried with no stop we wanted to cry with them. Fisokuhle had to call his grandmother who advised us what to do.

MaNgema has been really helpful throughout this time. I love her and she is nice to me. She is a kind woman she came to see me and the kids a week after the twins were born. The twins are sleeping right now, that means I must also sleep but I can't I need to cook first. Okay I respect house wives the amount of work they have isn't easy, taking care of your kids and doing house chores then making time for your significant other, and making time for yourself. Fisokuhle is at work or something, he would be helping me out if he were here.

I finished cooking and the twins were still sleeping I decided to also sleep and now I am woken up by a loud deep baby voice. That's Siko, that child always wakes up early, mxm its only been 30minutes since I slept. I am tired I love my kids but they tire me. I wake up so I can breast feed before Luhle wakes up. I walk in the room and Fisokuhle is here already. He is trying to calm down a crying Siko. He sees me standing at the door. "You can go back to sleep, I got this." He says. "Oh I pumped milk its in the fridge I have filled up all the bottles." I say. "Ok sthandwa get some rest, you look like you need it." He says. Argg my man is amazing. I take a quick shower, I smell like breastmilk. I try my best to look good and smell good even though it doesn't last long. I shower quick and I go back to sleep.

***

3 Hours later

I feel rested and fresh, I even look better. I walk to my kitchen and I feel like my eyes are deceiving me. I see my dad sitting with Fisokuhle he is carrying one of the twins I cant see who he is holding from where I am standing. Nah I must be dreaming, the man never wanted anything to do with me the last time we saw each other. I walk towards them and he looks at me, he starts to look down as if he is embarrassed. Fiso looks back and smiles when he sees me. "Finally you are awake." He says and I see my mom cooking in the kitchen why is she cooking because I cooked? Okay this is a nice surprise. "I am, baba, ma what are you doing here?" I ask looking at dad mostly.

"We are here to see how you and the twins are doing?" Ma says. I am surprised I wont lie. I look at Fisokuhle who is smirking right now. He did something. My dad looks at me and hands Luhle to Fisokuhle. "Can I talk to you?" He says. He is avoiding looking at me. We sit in the living room. We sit for about 5minutes of silence. He clears his throat and faces me for the first time. "I am sorry Mageba I was too consumed by my own anger and hate towards aboSangweni I forgot how you would feel about my behavior, I forgot that these little souls are my blood, they have Zulu blood in their veins. Forgive me for the way I continuously treated you." He apologizes and it's a first. My dad never apologizes to anyone wow.

"I am also sorry dad for not being honest with you about my findings, I kept quiet after finding out that I might be carrying the Sangweni blood. I should have been honest with you from the begging but now they are here I am hoping you love them like you love all your grandkids it wont be easy considering they look like their granddad." I say. "I know but I am willing to try, I want to be there when they grow up. So can we work on our relationship because the past 6months was hell without hearing your voice, and seeing your beautiful smile." He says. "Of course dad." I say and I get up to hug him and he hugs me back. I missed his warm hugs. I stay in his arms for a while. Till he lets go. "So you are okay with me being Fisokuhle?" I ask. "He is the one who did this actually." He says. "What do you mean?" I am confused.

"He came to my house almost every other week to try to talk to him till I eventually agreed because I was annoyed with seeing his face in my house. He made me see why I should let go of this hate and grudge and he showed me a picture of your beautiful kids and I couldn't say no. " He says smiling to himself now. "I am willing to let go of the hatred so my grandkids and you can live a happy life. I want to see you happy, and I believe he is right for you he reminds me of myself when I was younger I was persistent and never gave up until I got what I wanted. So yeah you have my blessing." He says. What has Fisokuhle done to my father? We join Fiso and mom in the kitchen.

Fisokuhle hands Siko to my dad. He holds my hands and looks into my eyes. "I wanted to go down on one knee and ask you this but your dad advised against that a Zulu man doesn't do that so he said." He says and they laugh and I am confused. Do what?

"Sanele Zulu,  you have managed to make me happy after 4 years of sorrow and sadness you became the light in my life, you came at the most unexpected time , but I think you came at the most perfect time. From the first time I saw you, I knew I wanted to know what makes you tick, laugh,  cry, happy and smile. The first time I met you and I saw your smile I knew I wanted to see more of that. " He says.

"I love that you respect people regardless of who they are, I love watching you watch your favorite movies because I get to see what fascinates you. I love hearing your take on things, you see the world in your own twisted way, I love how you always greet people whether they greet back or not you just go about your day unaffected. I love you and all of you I even love you when you cause a scene at the mall by crying like someone just slapped you." He says and we both laugh, yep the hormones were doing the most then. 

"What I am trying to say is marry me, let me be the one you see first every time you open your eyes, let me be the last person you see when you close your eyes." He says, opening the box in his hands. The ring is silver with a diamond on the middle, I don't know much about rings and diamonds but this one is perfect. I am emotional I feel some tears threatening to fall. . "Yes I will marry you." I say hugging then kissing him. Till my dad cleared his throat.

Fisokuhle listens, he knows I prefer things to be private and this was perfect he is perfect I can't even fault him anywhere. " Ma why are you cooking when I cooked?" I ask I am concerned. "The food you cooked was horrible, you forgot to add salt, it was over cooked, no I couldn't eat such and I feel sorry for Fisokuhle who will have to eat such food." She says. I agree the food I cooked today was horrible my excuse is I was tired.