Chapter twelve

Melodi ran to the figure on the floor. "Ethan. Ethan please." She felt her eyes burn. She wiped the blood from his lips and put his hand to her heart.

"Do you feel this Ethan? This is me telling you to stay, please." She closed her eyes tightly and put her head on his chest. "I need you Ethan. Please." She whispered. Caleb and Brandon burst through the door. They froze at the sight.

Blood.

And not just on the carpet.

But on Melodi as well.

Caleb stood silently as he tried to think of a way to get Melodi out of the room. He mind-linked Jace to come to the house immediately and make sure to get the pack doctor.

Brandon slowly walked toward Melodi. "Hey." He said softly. "Melodi, we have to get you out of here okay?" Melodi shook her head. "I can heal him, I know I can." She looked at Ethan's face. "I just have to focus. Yeah, that's what Ethan always said, focus."

She looked down and the tears continued to flow. Brandon reached down slowly as Caleb motioned the pack doctor and Jace from the threshold.

At the sudden contact of Brandon and the lack of touch from Ethan, Melodi went limp in Brandon's arms. "She is in shock, get her to a bedroom, quick." The pack doctor said and began to work on Ethan.

Melodi was put in a room two levels away from Ethan's. Around six, the whole house was awake. Paris was currently pacing in front of Melodi's door.

"Paris, breath, she'll be okay, Ethan will be too, we just have to be calm-" Paris turned quickly to Jace and glared.

"They'll be okay? If you haven't noticed Jace, those two have changed, they aren't the same people, this has got to be the worse that has ever happened to them.

"And separating them was even worse! It's so obvious that they depend on each other, it's like them against the world and right now as we speak, Melodi is in a room with a werewolf that she literally just met a few days ago and that she-devil girl she thinks is her best friend.

"And Ethan is two floors down, fighting for his life, just so he can be with her, you think that they will come back from this? Because your sadly mistaken, those two will be forever changed, and have you thought about what Melodi is going through?

"She just saw her anchor and probably her reason for coming down here in a pile of blood, unresponsive, how would you feel if that were Gabs?" Jace looked down. Paris snorted.

"Exactly."

(Down the stairs)

Caleb walked out of Ethan's room, Aiden and the boys were waiting. "Please tell me you have a lead." Nick said. Caleb shook his head. "Nope, none, it's like this person didn't have a scent at all."

"What about Ethan?" Liam questioned. caleb looked back to the door behind him. "We're still working with him, V is doing all she can right now, I am trying my hardest to help..."

Caleb drifted off, he truly was trying as hard as he could, when the house awoken to the screams of Melodi, the boys got all the girls to Heathers house and told them to stay there.

'How is Mel?' Caleb mind linked Brandon.

Brandon responded quickly. 'She is still in shock, she hasn't moved an inch since I set her down on the bed, and to be quite honest, it is making me nervous, she is just....laying there, looking at the ceiling, she won't let anyone touch her, she flinches at every sound and movement, still, not one word was said.'

Caleb sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Turns out, Melodi is doing just as bad." A noise came from the room followed by the door opening. The pack doctor, Violet, looked at Caleb.