Chapter fifteen

I sat up and the sound of knocking from the door. Brandon walked in. "Hey, so, anything yet?" He was talking about Ethan. Lately, he has been making movements, small enough to be shrugged off, but big enough to mean something.

He might wake up.

School will start in one month, and I was beginning to get nervous. I haven't gotten much sleep since the incident. And to make things worse, I will be leaving soon. Zaria said that I should be prepared for leaving at any time.

I can't tell anyone, she didn't say that I couldn't, I just chose not to. Caleb and Jace are gone, and Paris is too busy to spill all my secrets with. And Heather and Gabriella have been by my side and still in the shadows at the same time.

"So can have your space." They told me. I looked away from Brandon, the pack was opening up to him now, and people are starting to question who I will end up with. Ethan, or Caleb.

But I already have my answer.

Gabriella walked in the room and Heather was right behind her. I gave the girls a small smile. "Hey." I said softly. Gabriella was bouncing on the balls of her feet. "We have some really good news." She said.

I looked at her red hair in curls, bouncing to the same beat as her. I raised an eyebrow. "What is the good news?" Suddenly, Gabriella stopped bouncing and looked at Brandon the same time Heather did.

Brandon looked at the two girls and sighed, standing up slowly. "And I just got here." He whispered. As he walked out and shut the door, Gabriella walked towards me. "How would you like to be the Godmother of my child?"

My eyes widens. "What?" Heather then walked towards me. "And how would you like to be my maid-of-honor for my wedding?" My mouth parted slightly. "What?" And suddenly, I was out of my slump.

I let go of Ethan's hand and stood to hug the girls. "Congratulations you two, I would love to be the Godmother and the maid-of-honor." The girls laughed and hugged me back. That was when Desmond walked in. I pulled away from the girls and grabbed Ethan's hand.

He smiled at the girls, and when his eyes went to me, his smiled seemed to get wider. "Hello ladies, I am just here to check Ethan's progress." I glared at the mans back. "Melodi." I looked up and saw Paris. He was in the doorway. Heather smiled at went to him, pecking him on the lips.

And in the corner of my eye, I saw Gabriella smile softly and rub her tummy. And don't get me wrong, I love my friends, but I felt alone at this moment in time. My best friend is back from the dead, well, she is in a way still dead. And my other best friend, my savior, is fighting for the life he has.

His body wasn't healing fast enough, even though he was a hybrid. And I can't help but think.

Where is my happiness?

I looked down to Ethan. "Congratulations Paris, you have now made a promise to buy this girl all the teddy bears you couldn't get at the fair, because you sucked." Paris scoffed.

"Thanks Melodi." I gave him a small glance and smile. I saw Desmond check the monitor that was put in his room. "He seems to be improving." I nodded. I waited for Desmond to leave, only he didn't walk directly out. He walked over to me and said "I know what it feels like to wait on a loved on to wake up from a coma, so if you would like to talk about it, let me know." I gave him a small smile and nodded.

As he walked out, Paris gave him a small nod and shut the door behind him. "I don't trust him." Paris said as soon as Desmond left the room. "He doesn't seem that bad." Heather said. I sat down in my chair and looked at Ethan.

I reached over with my other hand and brushed his hair out of his face. I was hit with a strange wind, that made me shiver. I'm here. I froze, my hand just above his head. "Ethan?" I whispered. My hand went to his chest. And my other hand gripped his tighter than it should have.