Chapter fourteen

Zaria tilted her head and gave Melodi a questionable look. "What are you talking about?" She may have seemed calm on the outside but in the inside, she was nervous, her still heart made her mind make up a thump of its own.

It was her fingers against her thigh. She needed to hear that thump, she needed proof of her nervousness. Melodi glared at Zaria. "I was dreaming and I thought I saw you, I forgot what I was dreaming about, I-I am sorry for the confusion."

Melodi couldn't help but lie, she didn't want Zaria to know that she was on to her. Zaria was here for the same reason she was there before, she wanted Ethan. But she can't have him.

Over Melodi's half-dead body. She looked over to Caleb, and the look on his face proved that he knew she was lying. But instead of asking or questioning her, he just leaned on the the door way and put his hands in his pockets.

Zaria gave Melodi a small smile, but Melodi didn't return the gesture. "How's Ethan?" Caleb looks from Melodi to Zaria, then back to Melodi. "He is still unresponsive." Melodi got out of bed and walked to the bathroom door saying the words "Make sure that Brandon is in this room by the time I come out."

Caleb took his hands out of his pockets and crossed them. "And if I don't?" Melodi stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Caleb. "You don't want to know, so I suggest you do this simple little thing for me." She walked into the bathroom and shut the door, the lock sounding seconds later.

Caleb mind-linked Brandon and told him the orders.

'Wait, she wants me there?' Caleb rolled his eyes. 'I just said that she did so what does that tell you?' Brandon only responded with a 'I'm on my way.' Caleb sighed and looked at the door where Melodi was currently sitting on the bathroom floor, eyes closed, whispering to the air.

In hopes that it would be sent to Ethan. "I'm here." She would whisper. "I'm not leaving you, I promise, I will wait for you, just like you were waiting for me." She would tell the air promises that only her and Ethan made. She let a tear drop and opened her eyes.

"I will do whatever it takes to make sure that who ever did this will pay the price, they messed with the wrong person." She looked at the picture on the mirror. "I promise." She whispered. She them stood and finished her daily routine.

Melodi walked out, only to see no one. She looked around the room, then she heard the voices downstairs. She walked to her closet and rushed on one of Ethan's shirts and a pair on jeans. She put her hair in a ponytail and walked to Ethan's room.

She opened the door and froze.

It was him.

The guy from Ethan's memories, when they saw that shadow on the bushes. He looked up at the sound of the door slamming shut. He smiled at Melodi and she shivered. 'Awww this is sick! Is this dude really in this house? How the heck did he even get in?' Oasis, Melodi's wolf, questioned.

"Well, you must be Melodi." She glared at him and gave him a slight nod. "Yeah, sure." She sighed and walked to the other side of Ethan, taking his hand. The stranger looked at the intertwined hands, and a ghostly smile appeared on his face.

Melodi took this as a chance to look at Caleb, Brandon, and Zaria. The were all beside the stranger, who was standing on the opposite side of Ethan. Zaria was smiling at the stranger. Caleb was looking at the stranger, and sweet Brandon, was glaring at the stranger.

As if he knew him.

The stranger looked up at Melodi, the same smile on his face. "I can promise you miss Melodi, Ethan will get better." Melodi gave him a small nod. "I know he will, and I will be here, right by side when he wakes."