Chapter Twenty-Three

A scream echoed through the building. Klara stopped walking. Cecelia looked towards the source of the scream. "Cecelia, I want you to stay here, no matter what." Klara muttered, Cecelia nodded and slowly sat and hoped that the scream wasn't Ethan's.

You know some humans are just...dumb. Not all, but most. At least that's what Klara thought as she pushed all the human's away from the door that held the screams, that were still going on. Klara looked down to the small crack in the door. Lights were flashing, and the screams would follow.

She pushed people away. Violet showed up. "I got them, you go get him." Klara nodded and opened the door, but before anyone saw anything, she closed it. First, she smelled it. The blood. Then, she saw it. On the clothing. "Desmond?" She whispered. He looked up, and smiled. "Ahh...the lovely...Klara." He was covering the wound in his side. Klara glared and tried to catch the scent of Ethan, and when she did, her heart plummeted.

She ran past Desmond, to the window, glass was on the sidewalk below, and no one was there, not even a passer by. "Where are you going?" she whispered. Klara took that as the time to mind link her husband, and their kids.

"Boys, Ethan got out, he seems to be walking, and wounded Desmond, he jumped out the window, but no signs of fail, and by the looks of it, he's leading us to Melodi."

_____________________________

Jay looked from the Elder, to the men in the room. "He was there, he was with Ethan, who seemed to have gained some last minute power and got him wounded." Jay looked at the Elder once again. "He's bleeding." Confusion took place of the expressions in the room. "Vamps, don't bleed." Paris said. "Where's Ethan?" Brandon asked. Jay headed for the door.

"He senses her, she's alive." The door opened. Caleb felt a smile jump into his face. "Well then let's go follow him." Caleb looked at Paris and Brandon. "Put him back in the cell and go to the rehab, take Desmond to the cellar, and you question him." Paris nodded.

Brandon followed the three men. "What about Jace?" Caleb shook his head and kept walking. "He needs to be with his pregnant mate." Brandon didn't say another word as they walked out of the building. "Klara will be there waiting for you guys." Paris nodded and walked to the car.

"Tell us what you find." Brandon said. Caleb looked over to Brandon. The hope in his eyes, and nodded. "I will." Jay and Caleb walked to the car and got in. "Let's hope that this boy didn't get hurt." Jay said. But Caleb didn't respond.

________________________________

Ethan was walking--no--running to the scent, he could smell her, he could feel her presence, so close, yet so far away. "Ethan...no." He suddenly fell to his knees. "Melodi, did you hear that?" Ethan's wolf said. But Ethan did not reply. He tried to stand once again into to fall. "No, no, NO!" He yelled.

Her Scent was gone, it just...disappeared. He got into a sitting position, legs out in front of him, and he leaned against the tree. Breathing hard, Ethan blinked.

And there she was.

Melodi.

________________________________

Brandon walked into the building and suddenly saw Cecelia. "Where's Klara?" He asked. Cecelia looked up, fear in her grey eyes. "She ran down the hall and told me to stay here...is everything okay?" Paris looked at Brandon. "Everything's fine, just stay here okay?" Cecelia sighed. "I don't meat to sit here, I want to see Ethan, I want to know why I was told to stay here in this spot and not move while a bunch of people come running by.

"I want to know why Melodi wanted me to take care of Ethan while she was gone-" Brandon bunched his eyebrows together the same time Paris raised his hand to stop Cecelia. "She told you to do what?"