Chapter seven

Melodi was in a dark room, then, a light came on, it was a spotlight, and she was standing there. Head down, fist clenched.

"This is your fault. Your the reason I'm dead, if only you had picked up that phone."

Melodi stood still. "It's not my fault Zaria, if you would have listened to me-"

Melodi was cut off by the bitter laugh from Zaria. "You know exactly what you were doing when I told you what I felt-"

Melodi rolled her eyes. "He was a married man-"

That's when Zaria looked up, skin was missing, bones showing, but her eyes were the same.

Melodi took a slight step back.

Zaria gave Melodi a bloody smile. "What's wrong? your acting like you've seen a ghost."

Melodi shook her head. "I told you Melodi, this is your fault, and you will pay, one way or the next."

Melodi wanted to run, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get far.

A tear escaped her eyes. "No." she whispered.

"It's all your fault, maybe if you had just let me deal with falling on my own, then I would be there."

Melodi shook her head, she could not-no-will not, go through this again. She was hit with all the memories.

The nightmares.

The screams.

The mental war.

The hidden bruises.

The covered scars.

She would not deal with them. Melodi shook her head and looked her best friend in the eyes.

"It was not my fault, if you weren't messing with our history teacher, then that conversation would not have happened

"Then you would not have gotten angry and said those words. You would have been alive with me today, so no, it's not my fault...........Its yours."

The dead figure tilted it's head and smirked.

"Or maybe, it's your little boyfriends fault."

Melodi watched as Zaria started to walk towards her, the light following like a lost puppy.

"Maybe if you ask him, he could tell you who's fault it really is."

Melodi tried to keep a straight face. Zaria laughed and looked back at Melodi.

"Wait, your actually still in love with him? Come on, I thought we made a promise. Best friends before boyfriends no matter what."

Melodi shook her head slowly. "Your the one who broke the rule, remember?"

Zaria watched Melodi for a moment, the. She nodded. "Right, you like the hybrid one, I have to give it to you girl, that is a good choice, he is a good trustworthy person

"But, when I take my revenge, you might want to keep an eyes on him, he just might slip from your fingers."

Then, Zaria charged, Melodi ducked at last minute.

~

They were at the beach. No bikinis, just shorts and a shirt. Melodi was watching her bestie, she was smiling secretly.