Chapter twenty

Brandon sighed as he looked over to Jace and Paris. "Why is she here with us?" Paris rolled his eyes as he leaned closer to the bush. "Because, no one else wanted her." Lullaby growled. "You want to find that thing or not?" Jace sighed and pushed Lullaby's head down.

Paris made a gesture to the silver chains that held her bound. "I wouldn't get too feisty, I happen to know that those things are electric." Lullaby glared. "You wouldn't." Paris laughed softly. "I have a fiancé, and I have a wedding to plan, on top of that my friend-please don't tell her that I called her that-is missing, to be honest, I could care less about you being alive being as though you are the reason she is missing." Lullaby smiled.

"I guess two years was enough time to plan for a comeback, don't you think? And plus, you will never find out which of these red eye elder vampires took that beast." She taunted. Brandon slid over to Lullaby and put a silver piece of duck tape on her mouth. She growled, but it was muffled by the tape, so she glared.

Brandon, Jace, and Paris smiled. "That's better." Jace said. Brandon knew he didn't want to be here, he wanted to be with Gabriella, who was already starting to show, because wolves give birth after four months. But the pack knew that Jace loved Melodi just as much as her own brothers.

They looked forward just in time to see the vampire walk out of the broken down abandoned house. "I guess it's time to interrogate the supposed kidnapper." Brandon said in a low voice, he stood, making himself known, and as soon as the vampire saw him....

He ran.

__________________________

Klara walked into Ethan's room after knocking, he was in his wheelchair, wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a white shirt, bags under his eyes. "Hey, did you get any sleep?" She walked to him and lifted his chin so she could get a better look. The nurse smiled. "Are you a family member?" Klara looked over to the nurse and returned the smile. "My sister was his mother, but I have been taking care of him since she passed."

Ethan saw the look of pain on Klara's face as she said those words. He cleared his throat and the two ladies looked at him. "What is my first exercise?" The nurse took the hint and grabbed the handles to his wheelchair and motioned Klara and Cecelia to follow.

"First, they want to check and make sure that you at lest have feeling in your legs." Ethan rolled his eyes, but kept silent. "How long do you think it will take until he can learn to walk again?" Cecelia asked softly, holding Ethan's hand. The nurse looked at the interlocked hands and for a second, an emotion flashed through her face.

As if she knew something, but it disappeared quickly and was covered with smile. "Doctor Violet predicts - due to him being in a coma for a few months - he will be walking in nine months or so." Ethan suddenly thought about the dream he had.

"Is there a way to learn to walk any faster?" The nurse laughed, and Ethan, even though his back was to her, he could see her, those blond curls bouncing as she laughed. Ethan didn't trust her.

But why?

"Yes, if you body heals quick enough and your brain starts to unlock memories of that night, or minutes before, or even begin to heal, you will be able to walk ag sing in about...six months." Ethan sighed and watched as they walked into an all white room.

And standing in front of them, back turned, was someone had remembered. "The guy from the forest." His wolf said.

He turned and smiled.

"Hello Ethan, my name is Desmond, and I will be taking care of your exercises until you can walk again."

Ethan's slow beating heart began to pump faster. Desmond tilted his head.