Chapter seventeen

Caleb sat in his jet and leaned his head back. "So babe, tell me, did you like my little present?" Caleb growled at the thought of what they did just moments before. "No, actually it was the worst gift you could have gotten me." Lullaby growled and moved away. "Well, deal with it, because you'll be getting that gift a lot more often now that the she-devil is gon-" Caleb froze.

Jace sat up from his and pulled his ear phones off. The plane was now in full flight, and they were in the air. "What did you say?" Caleb said in a low voice. Lullaby just gave Caleb a small smile. "I think you know, and if you don't, then you're about to find out." Jace looked at Caleb.

And instantly, they knew what she was saying.

And they reached for their phones.

__________________________

Melodi followed Zaria's scent to the warehouse, she looked up at the rusty building in question. "What the flab Newton is she doing here?" Melodi listened to the comment her wolf made and questioned it herself. "I hope you don't go in there." Lola whispered.

Melodi looked down. "I have to." Lola reached out for the poor child, but Melodi was already walking into the building. "Please, not now." Lola whispered, fearing what she knew would come.

Melodi followed the scent all the way to the giant room, fixed up. Now, there was just a chair, in the center of all of the objects. She tilted her head to the side. "What the?-" But her vision blurred as she blacked out from the connection of her skull and a golden candle holder.

__________________________

Paris picked up the phone as he stared at the siblings of Caleb's. "Hello?" He said in a small voice. Caleb sighed in relief. "Hey Paris, can you go check on Melodi for me?" Paris shook his head, too stunned to speak. "U-umm, Caleb? We have a problem." Caleb raised an eyebrow as he looked over to Lullaby, who was drinking wine from a champagne bottle.

"Yeah, something is wrong here as well." He mumbled. Then, Vann, and Levi walked up to Paris and snatched the phone away. "Listen here Caleb, I trusted you with my sister before, and you let me and my family down on that, when she wanted to come here, I was a little on the edge about it.

"But now she is missing and you are on a freaking plane talking about a problem?" Vann yelled into the phone. "That's what I was calling about Vann, I am on my way home after cutting the meeting short, and I will be there soon enough, and I would never purposely hurt your sister Vann, you should know that."

Then, Paris raised his hands to silence the screams that were about to happen.

There was a thump.

Then, the screams began.

__________________________

Melodi awoken to find out that she was now in the chair that she saw. "Concussion, concussion, oh man, this is bad." Melodi winced and closed her eyes. She hated when her wolf pointed out what was wrong. But in the end, this was bad. Very bad.

"Well, well, well, look who has opened her eyes." Melodi opened her eyes and looked up to the source of the voice, she knew that voice. "Ryder." She whispered. He smiled. "Well, I guess I did leave an imprint on you huh?" Melodi wanted to say something, but the pulsing headache kept her quiet.

She felt her wolf stir, she didn't like being restless. And neither did Melodi. She noticed something shining in his gloved hand. Silver stick. She looked back up to Ryder. He chuckled. "Oh, now your starting to understand."

"Well, you won't for long." Anthony, his blond hair glowed in the moonlight. "Well, I guess I can't protect you from myself, can I?" She pushed herself closer to the chair. Her feet were tied and her hand were bound. She was trapped. She felt a hand on her shoulder, she slowing turned her head.

"Zaria." She breathed, a smile on her face. Zaria smiled. "It will all be over soon best friend." Melodi's smile disappeared. "And soon we will be back together again, without your distractions..." Zaria smiled, showing the blood on her fangs. "...And mine."

Melodi looked at Zaria. "No..." Her headache was getting worse the more she thought about what was unfolding before her. "I'm afraid, it is quite true hon." She heard his voice and flinched. "Desmond." She whispered, looking his way. He smiled.

"Hello beautiful, how was that knockout? I made sure to tell them to make sure that concussion last a few days." Melodi began to see black stars, dancing in her vision. She fought to stay conscious. But she was failing, miserably.

"Zaria, help me." She whispered. But Zaria just smiled and walked toward Desmond, smiling widely. "Sorry bestie, but I must follow orders." Melodi looked at the two, how close she was to him, as Desmond leaned down and kissed Zaria, Melodi figured it out.

And as Zaria looked back at Melodi, she had purple eyes. It was her, she was the one talking to Desmond in the woods. Melodi glared and felt her wolf fighting to get out, but strangely, she couldn't. "Wolfsbane." Desmond said.

And as he walked toward Melodi, he put on black leather gloves and looked up at her. His eyes were red. "Now, let's see how you react to me." He grabbed the silver pole, and swung.

__________________________

Paris looked at Vann and Levi, and ran up the stairs, but Brandon met them all halfway, Melodi asked him to stay the night in the room beside hers. "Who is it?" Paris commanded. Brandon breathlessly looked at Paris, fear in his eyes. "Ethan." And that was all it took for the group to run up the stairs.

As they burst through the door, they saw Cecelia was staring by the bed, tears in her eyes. When she looked up, she smiled. "He's awake, but something's wrong." Paris walked up to the screaming Ethan and looked.

"It's not Ethan." He said coming to realization.

"Then who is it?" Ci-L asked as Violet walked into the room.

"Melodi."

And that's when the screams turned into silence. Ethan was still. "Ethan," Violet said. "Can you open your eyes for me?" And that's when Ethan opened his eyes.

"She's gone." He whispered.

And as the gang went silent, forgetting all about Caleb being in the phone, they heard a slap, and jumped. "What did you do to her?" Caleb said lowly. Lullaby held her cheek and looked up, a sinister smile upon her face.

"You don't want to know."

__________________________

Well, this was a pretty good chapter. And I am proud to say that it took me two days to finish do to the fact that it was late when I was almost done.

But I really hope you like this chapter.

And who knows.....

Melodi might be alive.

Love ya,

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo