Chapter sixteen

Caleb flopped onto the bed and put his arms over his eyes. Jace sighed and leaned on the door. "Well, I'm gonna go call Gabs and make sure she is okay." Caleb nods and listened to the door shut. He sat up and reached for his phone, but he suddenly felt tired.

Caleb stood up and scratched the back of his head. Maybe he should call tomorrow, he thought about it, then nodded. His wolf, Camden, agreed. He took a shower and put on a pair of sweat pants and kept his shirt off. He slowly walked to the bed and laid down.

As he closed his eyes, he saw a figure standing in the moonlight.

__________________________

Caleb opened his eyes. Melodi was looking down at him. "Caleb." She whispered. The wind was blowing her ponytail. Her skin was growling in the moonlight. "I want you to do me a favor, okay?" She whispered.

Caleb nodded. "Anything." He said softly. Melodi gave Caleb a small smile and took his hand. "Take care of Ethan, as if he is a wounded wolf in your pack, care for him the way you know I would." Caleb raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you gonna be there?" Melodi didn't respond. Caleb sighed and nodded. "I will take care of him, I promise." Melodi looked into his eyes. "Thank you." She leaned down and kissed him softly on the lips. "This is the bond between your promise to me, if you break this bond, then I will kill you." Caleb was too buzzed from the kiss to say anything.

Melodi stood from the bed and gave Caleb another small smile. "And one more thing Caleb, I did love you back." And just like that, she was gone.

__________________________

Caleb sat up and took a deep breath. Surely, that was just a dream. So why could he still her lips on his? Suddenly, a breeze came into the room. Caleb looked over to the window, which was open. He raised an eyebrow. That wasn't open when he went to bed.

That's when Caleb realized that it wasn't a dream.

Melodi really was there.

And she did kiss him and tell him she loved him.

Then, a knock came to the door. Caleb got out of bed and put on a shirt as he walked to the door. "Hello-" He froze at the sight of the figure at the door. Lullaby smiled. "Missed me?"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Paris was sitting at the desk of Caleb's, when his phone rang. He sat up and reached for it. It was Caleb. "What's up boss?" Paris said as he picked up the phone. Caleb kept his eyes on Lullaby. "Hey Paris, turns out, we will be coming back a day early." Paris sighed in relief.

"Thank the Moon Goddess, man one day was enough for me, how do you handle it?" Paris said. "It takes years of practice. Well, umm I just wanted to tell you that." Paris raised an eyebrow and watched the door. "Is everything okay?"

Caleb responded. "Yeah, just a little tired." Paris nodded. "Alright man, see you and Jace tomorrow." Caleb agreed and hung up. Paris stood up and walked to the door. "Something's not right." He whispered.

:"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""":

Melodi walked to the headstone of her auntie and sighed. Zaria said she would stay by the gate. But then again, she was never one to go to funerals and go to grave sights.

She kneeled and put a new batch of flowers onto the ground. "Hey auntie." She said softly. The wind caressed her skin, for she was burning with anger and sadness. "I won't be visiting you for a while, but I promise to send flowers." Melodi put two fingers to her lips and put them on the headstone.