Chapter five

Caleb stared at the staircase.

She was here.

In his house.

He walked up the stairs to his room, she was a whole floor down, sleeping in one of his rooms.

He wanted her closer. He couldn't stop the smile that slid on his face. She was actually here.

This time, he was gonna make things right. Monster. He winced and sat on his bed.

But he could tell she still hated him, Caleb felt it radiating off of her like a shield. She wouldn't even look at him.

He looked over to the picture he and Melodi took. She was on his back, smiling at the camera, she had just pinched Caleb and told him to smile.

They looked so happy.

Who would have thought, that the very next day, they would lose everything. He looked away, Ethan was here, and to be honest, Caleb didn't want him here, he was like a brick wall, keeping him from Melodi.

He could see it in Ethan's eyes when they looked over to Caleb. He was not going to let Caleb get to her easily.

Caleb got up and prepared for his nightly routine. He walked over to his door and locked it.

He went to the window and opened it. He looked over to the picture one last time, and he willed all that anger, sadness, and pain, and jumped out the window.

The trip took only a couple of hours when he was in wolf form. So, he shifted. His clothes were tied to his fury ankle.

He was running, it was silent, the only noise was the wind that blew. The moon was bright, mesmerizing. He began to slow down as he reached his destination, the warehouse.

He shifted back and changed back into his clothes and walked in. He turned it into a boxing ring, it took many nights but hey.

He had all the time in the world. He walked up to his old pal, the punching bag. He started punching, but he then finds out it wasn't enough.

He started to punch harder. Her face fill his mind. Caleb squinted his eyes in focus on the bag.

Monster. He growled and punched harder than before. When he couldn't take any more, he stopped.

He missed her. He couldn't get her out of his mind now that he has seen her. She was like a disease that was to big and dangerous to get rid of.

He looked over to the room around him as he remembered the time he watched her heal the wolf who tried to kill her.

She always put others before herself. He shook his head. He knew what he did was wrong, he couldn't just walk up to her and apologize.

He had to give her the space she created. It was only for the summer anyway.

He walked up to the ring and got in, he imagined he was fighting, and started the mental war with a roundoff kick.

___________________________

Melodi looked up to the ceiling, Ethan was in the next room, she could hear his slow breathing, his calm heartbeat.

If you need me, I'm in the next room. She really wanted to go in there, wake him up and and just listen to his voice, how calm and soothing.

She wanted him to talk her to sleep.

He use to do it when....when she crashed. It always helped. She would put her head on his chest, heartbeat in one ear, his voice in the other.