Chapter Twenty-Two

The Elder laughed venomously, looking over to the cell next door. "You reek of dog." He said in a low voice. Lullaby just smiled. "And you reek of death, which one smells worse?" The elder stayed silent. Brandon grimaced as he passed Lullaby. Paris just smirked. "Come on red eye."

The Bars opened, and The Elder stood slowly, his arms in chains. "Am I going back to the interrogation room? I thought that dealing with you two and that other one would be enough." Paris just pushed the red eyed vampire forward.

He stumbled, but caught himself. "I take that as a shut up." Brandon nodded. "Unless you want to have some duck tape on your mouth to keep you quiet." The Elder didn't want to correct him, and tell him that the duct tape would only muffle the sounds.

The girl appeared in his head.

Blood. Everywhere, her screams muffled by the tape. The smile on the faces of the others. But most of all...

her eyes.

The Elder staggered. Brandon looked over to Paris as this happened, confused.

"It seems that we now have more questions to ask." Paris stated.

______________________________

Caleb and Jay were there, waiting silently. "Remember, this is an Elder, if you know him, let us know, okay?" And Caleb watched as Jay nodded. "I hate to say, but maybe you should care for your pack, your Omega and friend will handle this." But this made Caleb even more anxious.

Not helping made him feel like he gave up.

But he didn't.

Right?

The thought couldn't be answered as the door opened and in came The Elder. Paris put the chain on the chair and pushed the vampire into the seat. He sat with a thump. "Now, you are going to answer our questions, and you are going to answer them honestly got it? And if you don't then I will burn your body and laugh as I dance on your ashes." Caleb said lowly.

The Elder just laughed. "Well, you must be the Alpha." Caleb smirked. "And you must be the Elder that has the information we need. So speak." The Elder just stared, challenging Caleb. Who just stared back.

"First question, who was the child taken by the elders?" The red eyed man looked over to Jay, recognition slowly filled his eyes. "If you mean gender...girl." Caleb's heart skipped a beat. "What did she look like?" Caleb tried to maintain the thoughts and feelings that suddenly flooded him entirely.

"I don't remember."

But he did.

"Don't lie to us." Paris warned. The Elder smiled, flashing his sharpened teeth. "I. Am. Not. Lying." Caleb sighed. "But I can tell you one thing, that girl can throw a punch."

"What about a few minutes ago? Why did you suddenly stop and stumble?" Brandon asked. "I was merely thinking about the last time I fed, it has been a while ago and when you all attacked me, I was heading out to haunt."

The calm composure made Jay glare. "Then answer this, were is Desmond?" The Elders eyes widened. "Wait, Desmond? You know Desmond?" Paris questioned. Jay kept his eyes leveled with the red eye vampire.

"Of course, he was my best friend."

______________________________

Ethan kept his distance as Desmond shut the door. "Now, I know you are not very trusting, but that's okay." Desmond leaned against the table in the corner of the room. "But I want to ask you about Melodi. How are things going on trying to find her?"