Chapter thirteen

I was told I needed sleep. I heard Ethan's words in my head. Nod, when they think you are at least listening to them, that's when you make your move.

I nodded and stood from the chair. I was in the same position for about two hours, the only one that was moving was Brandon. I was on my way to the door, when I turned to look at Ethan.

I walked back to him and kissed his cheek. "Please wake up." I stood and walked to the door. I closed it softly. I walked past Paris and Caleb, who were speaking to Brandon and Jace.

Heather and Gabriella were by my side the moment I was at my door. "Umm' Melodi, we need to talk to you." I looked at the two, and nodded. They walked I with me and closed the door.

I walked to the dresser and opened it as they began to talk. "We were think and maybe you should come with us tonight." I shook my head and grabbed my pj's.

"But Melodi, you've been in that room for two hours straight." I walked to the bathroom and shut the door, locking it. I put my pajamas on and looked at the picture of Ethan and I that was on my mirror.

I was in his arms, smiling like crazy, he was leaning down, smiling at me.

I suddenly remembered something that was said to me.

"You see the way he looks at you..right?" Echo looked at me with her auburn hair blowing in the wind.

"No, see the way who looks at me?" Echo rolled her eyes. "Ethan." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "He sees me as the girl who needs protecting, and his family."

Echo raised an eyebrow. "That's not what his eyes tell me."

I looked at her. "Well, then your sadly mistaken, plus, Ethan has a different girl every week, you don't what he is looking for."

"I do actually."

"Well what is he looking for?"

"You."

I looked away from the mirror and walked out. I heard Heather say something, but I was already heading to the bed.

"Well, I guess you do need your rest." I wanted to scoff, but I felt like being nice, for Ethan's sake. I climbed in and rolled over to where I was facing the window. "Goodnight Melodi." Gabriella whispered. I stayed silent.

I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep.

I smiled at Ethan. "That makes no sense, why wouldSpongebob get a girlfriend? He is doing pretty good by himself."

Ethan smiled and looked at me. "Because, there is s person for every one, you just have to be patient and wait."

He looked down. "Your aunt told me that."

The scene changed. I was no longer on the beach, I was in a room.

An interrogation room.

"Do you mind telling me what happened miss?" I kept my eyes on the table. "I already told you, we were just walking to our car when it happened, it was to quick for me to take in details."

Then.

I smelled it.

Blood.

And my fangs ignited.

I looked up and found myself in a dark room. Ethan was in front of me his arms out towards me.

"Stay calm M, right now you are in desperate need of blood, but you need to be calm."

But something was off.