Chapter eighteen

Ethan put his head forward in his hands. Melodi's mom, Klara, put her hand on his shoulder and rubbed it. "It's gonna be okay, I promise, Melodi will show up, and you will be able to walk again." But Ethan doubted every word spoken.

He didn't want to be here, in this building, the windows protruding the freedom that he will never get back, and to be honest, Ethan didn't want it, not if Melodi wasn't gonna be there with him.

Cecelia was sitting beside him. She didn't know...she was in a room full of werewolves, and a vampire that was also a werewolf and a wizard. He flinched at the thought of the last word. He hated it. It made him sound, like a nerd. But, it won't matter now that he will only be known as a werewolf that is wounded to the strangers eyes.

Rehab.

It made him feel....sick. He wasn't hurt. "Yeah, you know we just can't...I don't know WALK?" Ethan looked up the sound of Violet's footsteps. "Well, I will stay your doctor, I will be there for every exercise and I will help you through this, and you will be walking in a matter of months."

Ethan pursed his lips and nodded, looking out the window. This isn't what he wanted to be doing. Being taken cared of and looked after, as of he was a child. He wanted to be looking for Melodi, he wanted to try tracking her scent.

But that includes moving your legs.

__________________________

Melodi's father, Jay, was trying to find his daughters scent, with the help of his two sons. Who were trying to find a scent. Levi kicked the ground and yelled, "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! ITS AS IF SOMONE WAS BLOCKING HER SCENT!" This made the wolves stop searching an look at Levi.

Jay looked at his son. "That actually might be why we can't find her scent, maybe, we should search for someone else's scent." But he just wanted his baby girl, back in his arms, where she would be safe. He took deep breath and thought about his mate, who was in the same kind of pain as he was.

"I promise you princess, I will find you." He started walking into the woods behind the house.

"Daddy!" He turned to his left and saw her, she was standing there, smiling. Six years old and missing her two front teeth. Her hair in a braid. "Come play with me!" He felt his eyes tear up. He suddenly wasn't in the woods.

He was at home, at his desk. He sighed and smiled at his baby girl. "Why aren't you playing with Levi and Vann?" She rolled her eyes, showing off that side her mother gave her. "They only brake my toys and run off laughing, those boys are bad." Jay laughed and picked up Melodi, putting her on his lap.

"Well then why not play with Mommy?" Melodi shrugged. "She was resting, I didn't want to wake her." Jay smiled at his little girl. "Okay, I'll play with you." She smiled widely and jumped off of his lap, grabbing his hand.

They walked to the backyard and he saw the dolls all over the ground. He chuckled and smiled as he saw a beheaded Barbie. They sat down and she picked up a doll. "This is me."

He pretended to be serious as he nodded, as she grabbed a Superman doll and handed it to him he raised an eyebrow. "Why superman?" She looked down at her dolls and shrugged, something she did when she was about to speak her mind. "I just thought it would be the right thing to give you the Superman doll because I see you as a hero, my hero."

He smiled and looked at her face. "Why am I a hero?" She looked him in the eyes. "Because you protect me from all the bad things, like the monster under the bed, and when I wake up because of a nightmare and you tell me that the monsters are wimps, you help all of the hurt people. You protect every one."