Chapter nineteen

Vann was sitting in his bed when he decided to look at the time. 6:00 A.M. He sighed and put his head in his hands. His mate shifted and turned to look at him. "You need to get some rest, we will find her in the morning." Vann said nothing, he was too busy trying to keep his wolf from trying to jump up and run out of the house, screaming Melodi's name.

"Vann." He looked up and found himself back in their old house, and there was Melodi, seven years old, holding a spongebob blanket that was dragging across the floor. "What do you want? It's six o'clock in the morning." Melodi rubbed her eyes. "I had a nightmare, I was tied to a chair a beaten to death, then, I saw them drag my body, but I was older, and I can't remember where they took my me."

Vann looked at his sister. "Sounds like you should go to mom and dad about this." Melodi shook her head. "They need their sleep, plus, if they find out that I am having bad dreams again, they will keep checking up on me at night."

Vann sighed. "Why are you here?" But he already knew the answer, out of the three, he was the oldest, so it would only seem fair. "Because I can't sleep." She whispered. Vann couldn't remember if it was always this soft.

He sighed again and scooted over on the bed, giving her enough room to lay, she came in an shut the door, crawling in the bed. Once she was situated, meaning the spongebob blanket being under the real blanket, Mel started to drift to sleep.

"Vann?" She whispered. He grunted. "Will you keep me safe from the monster with the red eyes?" Vann didn't know what to say to that, but as Melodi turned to face him, he saw the fear in her eyes.

"Yeah." He said in a soft voice as he reached out and held her. "I'll keep you safe from the red eye monster, he won't hurt you, I promise." But by the time he finished his sentence, she was already fast asleep.

"Night lil sis." He said in a low voice, and closed his eyes.

"Vann?" Marlene said in a low voice. "Are you okay?" He didn't speak for a while, he was disappointed, he let her down. Slowly, his voice came. "I made a promise, I would keep her safe from the monsters.....her dream....beaten to death..." But his words weren't making sense to Marlene.

She always wanted to meet Melodi, even when they were in the same room, she just wanted to introduce herself and deal with Vann later, but being a criminal that is wanted all over the world, Vann didn't think his sister would keep Marlene a secret.

As Vann stood, mind linking Levi and his father, he told them to meet him downstairs, and bring Caleb. He walked to the bathroom. "Vann.....Vann." He stopped, one hand on the door.

"Be careful, and don't worry, we will find her." But Vann just told her to rest and walked into the bathroom.

__________________________

Caleb stood outside the house, he walked out of the kitchen's back door and lit a cigarette, he closed his eyes as he took that first drag in two years. He smelled her, Melodi, she was reaching for the cigarette, he let her knock it out of his hand and he already had another lit one in his mouth.

"You know that can kill you?'' She said trying to snatch it from him.

''please, I stopped one year ago.'' Caleb said.

''Then put that down.'' Melodi tested.

''...Nah I'm good.'' he said.

He opened his eyes, and her scent disappeared, her voice, echoing in his mind. He looked at the cigarette, and threw it on the ground. Caleb stomped on it and sighed. "I made a promise, I should have been fully awake when I made it...but a promise is a promise."

He walked inside the house and saw Ci-L, Liam, and Vann with Levi. Jay, Mel's dad looked up to Caleb as he walked into the living room. "We were looking for you." Aiden gave Caleb a strange look as he spoke. "I was outside." Was all Caleb said, and sat down by Adrianna and Ci-L.

"Why are we here Vann, you said you had something." Jay said. Vann nodded. "Years ago, when Melodi was around seven, she told me she had a dream..." Van went on and told the giant group every detail of that night. "She said the monster with the red eyes, she was having a dream about the future."

Caleb raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying that what she was dreaming about is what happened to her now? And that this 'monster' has red eyes? How are we gonna find someone with red eyes?"

Klara looked at the group, the hope fading form their eyes. "Well, we have narrowed it down, vampires, older ones, you can always tell the fresh ones from the older ones, the fresh ones have purple or pink glowing eyes, but the older ones.....they have red eyes."

Jay nodded. "And there are only nine in this region." But as Levi looked into his brothers eyes, he came to one conclusion. "How about we split up since there is so many, and if you guys know where they are, then we can head out tonight, but on one condition."

Levi looked at his brother. "Vann stays here with Marlene." Vann looked up to Levi, fire in his eyes. "What? Are you serious? I'm not gonna sit at home and 'rest' while you guys are out there trying to find out who took Mel!" No one said a word, for they all agreed to let Vann stay and get some sleep.

Vann looked at every one in the room. "NO! I am not staying home while she is out there, I made a promise! And so will not break this promise, let Levi stay home." Levi glared at Vann. "I can't stay home, I am not tired."

"I MADE A PROMISE LEVI AND UNLIKE YOU I WILL KEEP IT-"

Levi stood up and yelled at Vann. "I MADE A PROMISE TOO VANN!" The room was quiet as the group looked at the twins. Levi sighed and sat down, head in hands. "I-I made a promise to keep an eye on you, and mom, that's what she wanted me to do, she didn't want me to keep an eye on her, she said she was strong enough, that she didn't need someone keeping an eye on her, but I did any way, taking care of her cuts, her bruises, every time she explored and took the wrong limb, if she jumped and it was too high, I was there."

Levi looked up, tears falling from his eyes. "You don't think I want her back? You don't think that I want to keep her promise, just so she would be happy? I want to see her, hug her, so I can tell that I love her and that I kept a close eye on every one. I want my little sister safe in my arms, so I can take care of her."

Vann looked at his brother, he never saw him cry, only once, it was when their turtle died. He was nine. He was a soft hearted guy, the biggest heart in the whole world, and Vann was the one to make sure he was okay, he loved his siblings, but seeing Levi cry, tears staining his cheeks, he realized, his brother felt the same way.

So Vann walked towards his brother, and sat beside him. Putting one arm around him, he whispered to Levi. "I know lil bro, I know, I miss her too."

The tears dropping to the floor. The family hugging each other. Caleb hugging Adrianna and Ci-L, the group realized that at this hard time, they need each other.

__________________________

Ethan opened his eyes, and was met by red eyes. "Better learn to walk boy, because your gonna need your legs to run......to your little friend." Ethan sat up on his elbows and looked around the room. He was alone.

But the red eyes burned the inside of his eyelids as he laid back down, trying to think about Melodi, he found it rather hard. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes. "Where are you M?" Ethan whispered.

---------------------------------------------

Melodi looked at his sleeping form and let the tears fall from her eyes.

"I'm right here E."

__________________________

APRIL FOOLS! Melodi isn't in the room with Ethan, I just wanted to do that.

I am so happy that I get a week of spring break, its better than a three day weekend.

I hope you like this chapter.

And remember, that last part was just a prank....

Oxoxoxoxox